Chapter 7

Felix's POV
Mr. Southern was going over attendance.

"Felix Rhodes?"

I raised my hand.

"I'm here."

I heard yelling and jumped up.

"NO!"

I ran out of my classroom and ran towards the screaming. I found Onix in a corner being yelled at by a toxic girl. I ran into the class. I cleared my throat.

Sharon turned around.

"H-hey?"

"Leave my baby alone!"

"Y-your....y-your baby?!"

"You heard me. Are you okay darling?"

She looked down and shook her head. I walked up to her and crouched down next to her desk.

"I love you. You're okay."

I picked up her hand then kissed it.

"I have to get back to class. I'll see you at lunch my sweetheart."

I ran back to my class. My teacher looked annoyed.

"What was that about?"

"Sharon was yelling at my girlfriend. I had to stop her. It's Onix's first day here."

"I understand completely. Take a seat."

I walked back to my desk and sat back down. Class continued as if...nothing happened. The word about Onix being my baby went around school quickly.

She still seemed a bit shy. She walked up to me with her head down. She quickly sat down next to me.

"Sweetheart?"

"T-thank y-you."

"You're welcome. What else is wrong? Did someone else upset you?"

She nodded.

"Is it someone here?"

She nodded again.

"Alright darling. Tell me who."

She shook her head.

"You'll only hurt them."

I moved hair out of her face then wiped a tear away.

"I won't. I promise. I won't hurt anybody now. I have a reason to change. My reason is you. I'd rather lose my reputation then lose you."

"Y-you would?"

"Yes. My reputation doesn't mean shit to me. You mean so much to me."

She looked up and saw my friends. She turned around.

"You're okay. It's okay. Darling it's okay."

She turned back around but kept her head down. She only looked at me.

"Can I know who...upset you? I want to talk to them."

She picked her head up. She pointed to my old elementary school bully.

"I will be right back."

I kissed her hand then stood up. I went over to Blake. I cleared my throat.

"Hello Blake. What's this I hear about...you upsetting my sweetheart?"

"Uh...."

"See! I told you! I said he was gonna get pissed off!"

"Clyde's right. He did tell you that."

"If I find out...you hurt her in any type of way again...you'll be in the hospital. Got it?"

He nodded.

"Good. That goes for your friends too."

I walked back to my table and sat down.

"Okay. It's done. I handled it."

"Thanks."

The bell rang and we packed all of our things up. Onix used her shirt to clean her glasses. I showed her where the choir room is.

"I'll see you later. I hope....you have a better day now."

"M-me too."

I smiled at her but she didn't smile back.

Baby...

I had to turn around and head to class. I turned around and watched her go into the choir room. I turned back around then made my way to class. I sat down and the second bell rang.

I was called down to Onix's guidance counselor's office. I picked up my things and hurried there. I walked into the room and saw Onix sitting in a chair with her head down.

"I'll give you both a few minutes."

"Thank you."

Mrs. Prescott walked out of the room and shut the door. I walked up to Onix and crouched down in front of her.

"Nixie? What happened?"

She looked up at me. I saw nothing but sadness.

"I don't belong here."

"My sweetheart...it's only your first day. I understand...the feeling. I was the new kid here once."