Chapter 20

Onix's POV
After I took a shower then got ready for bed, I didn't even bother using my phone or watching tv. I just felt like going right to sleep.

I just got under the blankets and started getting comfortable. I felt arms going around my waist then pull me closer to Felix.

"Hi my Lixie."

"Hi my Nixie. Don't worry about Rose for the night."

"You have to go to work tomorrow though."

"You're exhausted. I can hear it in your voice."

"I-I'm not complaining. Being exhausted is worth it since it's for her."

"I know but still...you're gonna make yourself sick. Please just try to sleep more. Please...."

He's right.

I'll only make myself sick.

I can't take care of her if I'm sick.

"Okay. Thank you."

He started holding me closer and tighter. I rolled over and slid my arms around his waist. He moved his arms and waited for me to get comfortable.

He wrapped his arms around me once I was comfortable. He started scratching my back.

I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard Rosalia start crying. I started to get up.

"Baby lay back down. You need sleep."

I laid back down. I heard Felix talking to Rosalia. I put the baby monitor in front of me. I started watching it. Felix walked away then came back with a bottle. He sat down in the rocking chair in the nursery. He started feeding her.

He finished feeding her then started trying to get her back to sleep. I started to doze off again. I felt Felix kiss the side of my head. He laid back down and wrapped his arms around me again.

"I love you Nixie."

I woke up when I heard the tv.

Why is a children's show playing?

I rolled over and saw Felix sitting with Rosalia in his lap.

"Look who's awake."

He moved her so she'd see me.

"Hi sweetie. Have you been good for daddy so far?"

"She has. Don't worry."

He moved her so she'd be watching the tv. She started playing with his hands.

"How do you feel?"

"I'm okay for now. Thank you. I really needed to sleep. Shouldn't you be at work for training?"

"Oh my shift doesn't start for another hour. I have time. I'll be home early too."

I sat up.

"Really?"

"Yeah. We'll have more family time then."

As she grew up, she was definitely a daddy's girl. It's pretty adorable actually.

"Mommy? Mommy?"

I opened my eyes and saw her sitting on me.

"H-hi. Did daddy go to work already?"

"No. He's making breakfast! Can you come eat with us please?"

"Yeah. I'll be down in a bit."

She jumped off my bed then started running.

"DADDYYYYY!!! MOMMY IS AWAKE!"

Is she on something?

I slowly dragged myself out of bed. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Yay! Mommy!!!"

"Hi darling. Good morning."

"Good morning." I said while yawning.

We all ate breakfast then cleaned up. I heard the front door open while I was doing the dishes.

"Babe? Is that you? Felix?"

"It's me!"

I stopped doing the dishes and turned around.

"What're you doing home?"

"I wanted to come home for lunch. I missed my baby more than I usually do."

He scooped me up then started running.

"AH! I'm washing the dishes!"

"You aren't now!"

"Felix!"

He brought me to our room and pinned me down on the bed. He started kissing me.

"Woah! Woah! A-are you okay?"

"You're in so much trouble."

"Huh?"

"I've been distracted for hours and it's all your fault. I want....need you right now."

"Okay. Take me then."

He took my clothes off then took off his.

"I'll kill you if you're late getting back to work."

"I won't. I'm uh...just need to let it go. I-it's starting to hurt."

He went in and let everything go IMMEDIATELY.

"Are you better now?"

"So much fucking very. Holy shit."

"You should head back to work now probably right?"

"Probably. Thank you. Thank you."

"Is this why you came home for "lunch"?"

"Yes. Holy shit. This just made my day so much better."

We got dressed then he ran back to his car.