Chapter 19

Felix's POV
"You're firing me?! I-I've done nothing wrong! I-I'm always here on time! Kiera please! I-I'm the only one in my house that works! My-my daughter's a week old!"

"I've made up my mind!"

"Mason's not gonna like this! Please!"

"No! Give me your keys then get the fuck out! You're not even getting your last paycheck!"

"I-I need it!"

I walked to my car with my head down.

What am I supposed to tell Nix?

I was trying to not cry. I walked inside and Onix walked up to me while holding Rosalia.

"I-I got fired.." I said as my voice cracked.

"I-I have no job...I can't make money...I-I'm sorry..."

"Baby....don't apologize."

"W-wha-what am I supposed to do now?"

"Do you know why?"

"Kiera didn't tell me. Everything goes wrong when she's in charge..."

I looked down at Rosalia. I started crying even more.

"I'm sorry sweetie. I'll do better next time. I promise. I'm not even getting my last paycheck..."

"Felix what? I-I don't understand. You worked there for years."

"This sucks...I'm sorry. As of right now...we only have what's left in the bank account.."

"There's gotta be somewhere that's hiring. W-what about that game store you always go in?"

"I guess....I can look. I'm not sure if it'll pay as well as this one did."

"Maybe....maybe it's better. L-let me get her down for her nap then I'll come and help you."

"What am I supposed to do when the money runs out? We'll lose everything."

"Felix stop thinking like this."

I walked away.

"Wait! Lix!"

I sat down on the bed. Onix put Rosalia in my lap.

"Play with your little princess. I'll figure something out."

"Am...am I a failure?"

"Felix no!"

I started playing with Rosalia's hands and feet. I zoned out and just focused on her.

"You still love me right? You're too young to understand the shit that just hit the fan."

"Awesome! Thank you!"

"Huh?"

"I got you an interview with that game store. Someone just quit the other day. They've been short staffed since."

"Thanks. You're amazing."

I ran inside the next day. I found Onix walking up to the front door. I ran right up to her and started hugging her.

"Woah! Careful! I'm still recovering!"

"I got the job. Someone said they'll start to train me tomorrow. Thank you."

"That's great! I wasn't expecting it to happen this quickly!"

"They really liked me and they needed someone who could start right away. You're amazing. I love you so fucking much."

"Awww I love you too."

"You're a lifesaver. An actual lifesaver. I'm glad you're mine. Where's Lia?"

"She's taking a nap."

"Can I go tell her?"

"Sure. Don't hug her this tight. You'll definitely hurt her."

I ran to the nursery. I carefully started waking Rosalia up. I picked her up.

"Guess what? Daddy got a new job and it's all because of mommy! We're not gonna run out of money! We get to keep all of our things! I get to keep mommy and you! I'm so relieved!"

"You were worried about losing us?"

"Well...yeah. I was worried about you leaving and taking her with you if we ran out of money."

"Honey..."

She ran up to me and started hugging me.

"I don't care about money. We could be living in a shitty place and I'd still love you. It's just you, me, and this little girl. Lix and Nix till the end. Go snuggle with our baby girl while I make dinner. Sound good?"

"That sounds perfect."

Onix kissed me.

"Was she good today?"

"It was a rough morning. She missed you."

"Awww my little princess missed me? Are you a snuggle monster too? Huh? Are you?"

I started walking to the couch and sat down. I leaned back and reclined.

I picked up one of her hands and she wrapped her hands around my finger. I started watching tv.

"I'm sorry you missed me. I had to get a new job so I can spoil you with more toys. With my new job....I can come home before dinner. We'll definitely have lots of time to play. I wonder what's for dinner. The house is starting to smell good."

"Hey Lix? Can you feed her for me?"

"Sure my darling!"

I unreclined and stood up. I started walking to the kitchen.

"I already got a bottle ready. Can you take care of her by yourself so I can shower?"

"Yeah. I can."

"I feel gross. My hair is disgusting."

"I didn't even notice your hair. I just always look at your adorable face."

"My hair is greasy as hell."

I picked up the bottle and started feeding Rosalia. After that, me and Onix ate dinner. We cleaned up then she went to shower.