Chapter 91: Happily Mortified

Wednesdays POV:

"WEDNESDAY!" Enid yells to me, getting up from her bed walking over to my desk. We have about two hours until people come to our dorm, so I figured I could spend some of that time working on my novel.

"Yes Enid?" I say, not taking my attention off of the typewriter in front of me.

"Would you ever cheat on me?" Enid asks in a curious tone. I immediately pause my work and turn around in my chair. I glare at her before responding.

"Why are you interrupting my valuable writing time to ask me such a idiotic question?" I say to her. She looks at me with a 'that's so sweet' and 'just answer the question' expression on her face. "No I would never cheat on you." I say to her turning back around to my desk. "Now if you don't mind i'm getting back to my novel, it just got interesting."

"Okay but, what if you were like...i don't know paid a lot of money to cheat on me." Enid asks further.

"I don't need money amor, I'm rich."

"What if cheating on me would guarantee that your book would be a bestseller when it gets published?"

"I'm an Addams. Even if this novel was terrible, which it is not, my family name alone would make this book be a bestseller. Any more questions that i'm assuming you stumbled upon on a social media app of some sort?" I say to her, not taking my eyes of the typewriter.

"Nope, that's all the questions." She responds walking away.

A moment goes by.

"I can practically feel the smile on your face Enid." I say to her from across the room. I hear her sit down in her bed.

"Good, you should be happy Wednesday, you put it there." I pause my typing as I feel my face turn a little red. Even after all these months of dating Enid, I still feel slightly mortified when I make her smile. And not bad mortified but...happily mortified I guess.