An unwanted visitor

Cliff stared at the sound of Peacemakers shout and turned to see him flailing in the sky. As he flew closer, Cliff noticed in horror claw marks were beginning to form on the hybrid's sides.

 Peacemaker suddenly fell towards the ground and Cliff heard Auklet scream. 

He folded his wings and swooped down towards Peacemaker, taking a deep breath. The attacker must be invisible, he thought as the heat in his throat built up. 

But I can't risk losing Peacemaker... This is the only way.

Cliff let out a burst of flame towards the dark hybrid, and just as he thought, the flames hit a block of air.

 The patch of air didn't make a sound, just hissed, but Cliff could see blotches of white appearing. 

So, it's a rainwing, he mused, but I thought they were friendly. He managed to fly underneath Peacemaker, catching him with an 'oof!'. The hybrid was smaller than Cliff, so it was easier to carry to the nearest ledge.

"Oh my gosh!" someone screamed, and in a heartbeat, nine dragons landed beside him. 

"Out of the way!" Tsunami boomed and pushed to the front of the small crowd. She checked Peacemaker's pulse and turned to Cliff.

"You." she pointed a talon at him. 

"Go tell the healers that we have an injured dragon." Cliff nodded and flew off, the wind buffeting at his face as he raced towards the school. 

Suddenly he had the feeling that another dragon was flying beside him. 

"That was my catch," a voice hissed close to his ear. Cliff yelped and swerved away from it, but it kept coming closer. 

"He deserved to be punished." He growled angrily.

"Who are you?! Why would you attack Peacemaker?"

The air made a sort of snorting sound both full of sarcasm and laughter. "He took my prey," It hissed again. 

"Nobody takes my prey." It paused for a moment as they got closer to the school. "As for my name...." Suddenly a dark black and red rainwing appeared, but Cliff couldn't see their face, for an ebony silk cape with a hood covered the top half.

"It's none of your moonwax."

She was so busy talking that she didn't see Cliff's tail coming towards her before too late. he smacked her in the chest, and she shrieked as she was bumped off balance. 

Hissing violently, the rainwing camouflaged herself again, somehow the cape disappeared with her as she growled, "You'll never save him. Red Strom always wins." As he touched down to the mountain's Prey Centre entrance. 

So, her name is Red Storm... he thought. Interesting. he opened his mouth to call for the healers, but then a block of air barreled into him, sending him off the ledge breathlessly. 

He plummeted to the ground, as claws grazed his sides. He bit into it as hard as he could, And The air recoiled with a growl, his teeth still locked into her. She's back

They wrestled in the sky, both strangling each other, but Cliff could feel her getting stronger as he got weaker. Then, his wings were folded in with such force that he was unbalanced, plummeting down to the lake.  

He felt the cold water around his scales as her held his breath. But Red Storm was still on top of him. two large rocks weighed down his wings as his breath began to run out. the weight of the Rainwing lifted off as she jumped out of the water. 

Then, a seawing plunged in. 

She grabbed one of the rocks, pushing with an irritated look on her face. She gritted her teeth as the first one rolled off, and Cliff felt his wing float up to the surface.

She did the next one as well, and then Cliff was free, breaking the surface of the water and taking large gulps of air. "Thank...you," he gasped as he lay down for a bit.

"No problem," he turned around.

It was Auklet. She shook the water droplets off her wings gracefully and smiled at him.

"let's go to Jade Mountain,"

They burst in, Cliff feeling much better than he was before, only coming with a shallow scrape in his forearm.

"Healers!" she yelled, "Where are the healers?!" almost immediately two rainwings rushed into the center, their scales a mix of green and purple. 

"What happened?" One of them asked, approaching Cliff and Auklet cautiously. "Peacemaker and Cliff has been Injured." she explained hurriedly, "Tsunami's bringing him to the infirmary." 

The healers nodded and rushed off to the infirmary as whispers started up in the room.