[VOL-1]CHAPTER-4:CAN I SAVE YOU?

Kevin leaned in, a grave expression shadowing his face, and whispered to Aiden, "She's the same person we had that verbal fight with at the mall." Aiden's eyes darted towards the girl, and his frustration boiled over. He couldn't fathom why he seemed to attract such unusual encounters, first with Sara and now this girl.

He let out an exasperated shout, blaming his bad luck. In the midst of his outburst, she locked eyes with him and asked, "Do you know who I am?" Aiden shook his head vehemently; he had no interest in knowing. She responded with a hint of indifference, "I'm not keen on telling you, nor am I interested. I'd rather warn the guy with the brain in his foot." Kevin interjected with a hint of sarcasm, "So, you're interested in me, then?" She laughed, then unzipped her bag, piquing their curiosity.With a piercing look, she addressed Kevin, "I'd appreciate it if you'd use my name instead of making up your own terms."

His response was laced with scorn, "Are you even worth having a name?"Macy, now bewildered, retorted, "If your dim brain hasn't figured it out yet, I'm Macy Evans. My dad is the chief executive of the Texas police. It wouldn't take me more than two minutes to ensure you're locked up behind prison bars."Kevin's eyes flared with anger, and he snapped back, "Don't play the victim here. People like you are the reason society's so corrupted."Sara tried to mediate, urging them to stop fighting, reminding them of their maturity. However, their eyes remained locked in a bitter standoff.

[MACY EVANS IS STRONG-WILLED, DAUGHTER OF A TEXAS POLICE EXECUTIVE, UNBOTHERED BY INSULTS, AND CLEVER WITH THREATS. HER CONFIDENCE MASKS HER MYSTERIES. HER INSTANT COMEBACKS ARE HER SHIELD. SHE STANDS FIRM AGAINST CHAOS, YET HER VULNERABILITY LURKS BENEATH, TIED TO THE ENIGMA OF TEXAS UNIVERSITY.]

Sara then had an idea, "Why don't we stop fighting each other and confront Aiden? He seems to be the root cause of all this." Macy reached into her pocket and retrieved something, revealing it to be her father's executive card. Their faces twisted with shock, realizing the potential trouble they were in.

Just as tensions peaked, the bell rang, announcing that orientation would commence in ten minutes. The shock of how swiftly time had passed washed over them. They scrambled to make their way to Texas University, sprinting towards the campus. Aiden, still nursing his injuries, lagged behind due to his inability to run at full speed.

As he raced to catch up, Aiden suddenly found himself confronted by a pack of barking dogs. Fearful of dogs since childhood, he desperately tried to deal with the situation. But when he began to flee, the dogs began to chase him relentlessly. He ran for dear life, the sound of barking echoing in his ears.

Then, just as he was about to lose hope, he spotted a wolf-like creature emerging from the thick fog, its eyes gleaming with an eerie green light. Aiden's heart pounded in his chest as he stared at the creature.

But to his astonishment, when the creature approached, the dogs ceased their pursuit, their hostility evaporating

But to his astonishment, when the creature approached, the dogs ceased their pursuit, their hostility evaporating.With a shiver of uncertainty, Aiden watched as the wolf-like creature faded away, leaving only the lingering fog. Although bewildered, he couldn't afford to dwell before him.