[VOL-1]CHAPTER-6:THE STICK AND THE PORTAL

Aiden's wide-eyed gaze remained fixed on the bizarre creature that had emerged from the portal, leaving him utterly mesmerized and frozen in fear. The creature, with its wolf-like visage and otherworldly aura, seemed like something out of a surreal nightmare. Every instinct in his body screamed for him to retreat, to escape from this entity.

Overwhelmed by fear and the dominating presence of the creature, Aiden took a step back, his trembling legs carrying him away from the lake's edge. In a moment of terror, his footing faltered, and he tumbled backward, plunging into the cool, dark waters of the lakes.

Panic seized him as the icy waters closed in around him. His heart raced, and a sense of vulnerability enveloped him. It was as if the very depths of the lake held secrets that were beyond his thinking. Aiden had never seen anything like this creature, and the sudden encounter had shattered his sense of reality.

Yet, as he descended into the depths, Aiden felt something very unexpected. The creature, acting with a swiftness that defied logic, came toward him, its jaws clamping onto his hand. Aiden's initial reaction was one of terror as he anticipated serious pain, but to his astonishment, there was none.

In a twist of fate, the creature's bite seemed to have an almost numbing effect, as though it were an act of help rather than aggression. With a gentle yet powerful tug, the creature pulled Aiden from the water's grasp, effortlessly dragging him back onto solid ground.

 With a gentle yet powerful tug, the creature pulled Aiden from the water's grasp, effortlessly dragging him back onto solid ground

As Aiden gasped for breath, soaked and bewildered, he could hardly believe what had just transpired. He had been rescued by the very creature that had initially struck fear into his heart. Confusion and curiosity swirled within him, a whirlwind of emotions that left him struggling to make sense of this inexplicable encounter.

The creature, having returned him to the safety of the lakeside, now stood before Aiden. Its eyes, once filled with an intensity, now seemed to regard him with an almost knowing gaze. Aiden's mind raced with questions, his voice finally finding its way out as he asked in a whispering tone, "Who... what are you?"

The creature, as if understanding his words, remained silent but gestured toward the portal it had emerged from. It was as though it was inviting Aiden to step through the gateway into the unknown world.

Aiden's confusion remained palpable as he stood before the wolf-like creature that had emerged from the portal. It had already been a night filled with inexplicable encounters, and this creature was the culmination of the surreal experiences he had faced. He couldn't comprehend the purpose or nature of this entity, and it left him confused.

However, what happened next left Aiden utterly bewildered and, strangely, at peace. As he cautiously observed the creature, it did something completely unexpected - it moved closer to him and embraced him in an oddly tender hug. Aiden, initially taken aback, didn't pull away. Instead, he experienced a sensation he couldn't explain.

In that embrace, something extraordinary happened. Aiden felt a profound sense of completeness in that hug, as if a missing piece of his life's puzzle had suddenly slotted into place. It was an inexplicable feeling of satisfaction, of finding something he hadn't even known he was searching for.