An Appreciation Gift

Freminet was walking through a small meadow in the middle of the day. The sky was just as clear as the ocean and the wind was soft against his skin. The trees were all swaying gracefully, the leaves lifted up by the wind, like those automations near the Opera House. Always dancing with such Grace and beauty, he loved watching them perform, whilst waiting for his siblings to finish their magic show. He was lost in their performance, each step and turn had him in a trance.

But back to the matter at hand.

He arrived at a small village and opened his small, worn-down satchel. His eyes searched the green grass, looking for a specific thing...a specific flower. His eyes lit up when he finally spotted that flower in the distance, well...there was multiple flowers growing. He felt a wave of excitement as he gripped his satchel strap, which once rested across his chest, he ran as fast as he could towards those flowers. Excitement and anticipation filling his veins and taking iver his body.

He finally stopped and knelt down to take a good look at the flowers. He reached out to touch the flower petals, it was his older brother's favourite flower and a family staple of sorts. The shine of the rainbow petals reflected clear as day in his eyes, and the flowers were also joining in on the dance that the trees and grass were doing.

He carefully picked the flower from the ground and placed it slowly into his stachel, being very careful to not damage any part of the plant. Freminet carefully did the same with all the other flowers: taking a good look at them before judging if he should add it to his small bouquet to give to his brother.

Soon enough, his satchel was completely full of flowers and the sun was beginning to set, light oranges and yellows were just beginning to paint the sky. Quickly, Freminet stood up and placed his hand underneath his satchel in order to support the flowers. Then he started to jog back to his and his siblings' home.

Lyney was focused on getting a new magic trick just right at the dinner table, Lynette was focused on making sure her tea was just right before finally sitting down to eat. They have ordered takeout as none of them are capable of cooking at their ages, they were suddenly started when they heard the door open and footsteps enter the house.

Lyney relaxed as he recognised the footsteps, he trusted Freminet to be back at his curfew (which is when the sun is beginning to set). He placed his cards down at the table and lifted his elbow on the table then rested his head in his palm, smiling to himself that, yet again, his brother is back safe and sound.

Lynette continued to stir her tea, relaxing her posture as well. She carefully lifted the cup to her lips and let out a soft blow to cool the tea down before drinking it, she was just as happy as Lyney that her brother has returned too.

Freminet stood in the doorway of the kitchen, behind Lyney, and tried to hide something behind his back. He had a big smile on his face as he skipped into the kitchen and pulled on his brother's shirt. Lyney slowly turned to look at his brother, and proceeded to ruffle his hair a little "what's with the smile Fremi?", he asked, still with that relaxed smile on his face.

Freminet was finding it difficult to contain his excitement, "I've got a gift for you and Lynette!", he said, a little louder than he usually speaks. Both Lyney and Lynette were taken aback a little at the sentence, Lynette carefully placed her teacup down on the saucer before walking over to stand next to her twin.

"So...wanna see!?", Freminet exclaimed with excitement continuously flooding each word. His smile was so contagious, the joy and excitement that radiated from it...it even caused Lynette to smile a little at the question. "Of course we do", both twins said in unison, anticipation was slowly taking over the room.

Slowly, Freminet took out the small bouquet of Rainbow Roses from behind his back. It was tied together with a small red, blue, and yellow ribbon, symbolising each siblings favourite colours. Lynette slowly reached out her hands in order to take the bouquet from her baby brother, as soon as it was in her hands, she showed Lyney. Lyney was on the verge of tears and Lynette still had a smile on her face, Freminet was waiting to see what they'd say about the gift.

"It's beautiful Freminet, I'll display it in our favourite case", Lynette said as she leaned over the table and carefully placed the roses into the vase. She made sure that the ribbon was still visible, even in the vase, she felt so grateful to have a baby brother as kind, sweet, caring, and also joyful as Freminet. She felt so lucky to have someone like him around, she felt appreciated.

Lyney approached his sister, carrying Freminet in this arms. He nudged Lynette to the side before whispering "Freminet wants to have a look at the display", Lynette gave a nod in response, all irritation washed away like waves in the ocean. Freminet was jumping in excitement in Lyney's arms as Lyney squeezed him in a mini hug, telling him how much he loved the gift and that it was the best gift he's ever received.

Lynette agreed with every single word as she gave Freminet's golden hair a small kiss, she's never been comfortable to kiss someone on their skin, so she kisses their hair instead. Freminet reached out his arms, beckoning a hug from Lynette, which after little hesitation, she accepted and was wrapped in Freminet's warm embrace.

She never wanted to leave his arms. That day...she realised that she was the luckiest sister in the world. After such unfortunate circumstances in the past, she arrived the victor and in return, she was given a loving (yet annoying) twin brother. Plus, she was also given the most adorable and considerate baby brother in the world.