Chapter 2

The dress and shoes Maya wears for new years:

It's now New Year's Eve

It's now New Year's Eve. It's been two whole months since Halloween. Theo recovered and cannot participate in football for another month. Noah became the captain and the meetings were still held at our house.

Ellie was gone. She is gone. I can't change that, but I can make sure I live for her. She was wild. She wanted to live every aspect of life. Risk. Love. Heartbreak. Adventures. Dares. She wanted her veins pumping with adrenaline. I am going to make sure I lived for her. Maybe not to be extreme she would've wanted, but I will be selfless and make sure I remain alive.

In about six hours, we are going to welcome the new year in. In them six hours I hope to get wasted. "Cupcake, your mum wants you." Noah interrupts my thoughts. "Cupcake is so fucking annoying." I hiss.

"Good, I'm clearly doing my job right." He smirks. "Shut up loser." I roll my eyes. I walk inside to my mum. "Everyone loves the party." She says excitedly. "Why wouldn't they?" I ask rhetorically.

"Can you help me put some more food out?" She asks. I nod and help her take out a variety of different foods. Afterwards, I leave the house and go onto the back garden with a glass of wine in my hand.

"Should you be drinking that?" Theo asks. "No, but Ellie isn't here and it's going to numb the pain." I sigh taking a sip. "Maya, be careful!" My mum shouts over the music from inside.

A few hours have passed and I'm on my fourth glass of wine. I would say I'm very tipsy, others would say I'm drunk. One hour and 17 minutes until midnight. "I'm tired." A sleepy Lottie says resting against my leg in her pyjamas.

I lean down and pick her up feeling a little dizzy after. I hold her on my hip and hold my glass of wine in the opposite hand. "I'll wake you up before midnight Lots." I say as I feel her go heavy on my side. I stand and admire fireworks going off throughout the neighbourhood.

Lottie really wanted to be apart of welcoming in the new year, but her small body couldn't keep her awake. I'll remember to wake her up. The clock ticks and more people start to gather outside. We are doing a firework display.