Chapter Seven: Kidnapped and Tossed Through A Portal

The playground was empty, like I suspected, but I could feel another presence, another shadow, lingering in the children's playplace. I frowned, looking around. It was dark, but I could see clear as day thanks to my inheritance of my father's powers. I squinted at the top of the slide, where snow was lumped as Jack had made a snowman a day ago. I sighed and shook my head. That wasn't him. So who was it that I felt?

Suddenly, a figure stood right behind me and I whirled around, my hands clenched into fists in front of my face. It was...

Oh, shoot. I cursed in my head as I saw that it was the Easter Bunny. He looked up at me and smirked, talking with his thick Australian accent, "Hey, mate. Nice to meet ya."

"It's not nice to meet you." I snapped back, "I have to get out of here."

"Ah, ah, ah." Bunny shook his head, "Not so fast, Pitch's daughter." I cursed twice as loud in my head. He knew who I was.

"How do you know who I am?" I asked him, crossing my arms. Shade lingered behind me in the shadows, waiting for the right time to pounce on Bunny. Bunny snorted and flicked his paw out, revealing his boomerang. I snorted, "What? Are you going to knock me out with a boomerang? Answer my question, fluffy."

"You really are Jack Frost's friend." Bunny shook his head with a laugh and I stiffened. He was with Jack Frost? But how? Did they kidnap him?

"How do you know Jack?" I whispered and Bunny snapped his fingers.

"You'll see soon enough. We've got trouble and you need to come with me." Suddenly, I was grabbed from behind by my waist and I let out a muffled yelp as I was tossed into a sack.

"Let me out!" I kicked at the sack, but the sack holder (seemingly a yeti), held the sack's opening tightly, making it impossible for me to get out. I heard a snarl from Shade and then suddenly, there was a loud humming in my ear. It mixed with the sound of Shade's snarls and his claw swiping and I covered my ears, feeling overwhelmed. It was all too much.

"I've got this one!" I heard Bunny shout as Shade's growls grew louder and fiercer. "No need to worry! Just get her to the tooth palace!" Oh, great. Where Dad is. I thought.

Then, the sack was lifted into the air and I was tossed through a portal of some sort. Flashing blue blinded me through the holes in the flimsy sack and I squeezed my eyes shut, just waiting for this crazy ride to be over.

-:-:-:-:-

"Ack!" I screamed as I finally landed on something solid. I coughed as my chest made impact with the ground, sending a shockwave through me. I climbed to my feet and struggled out of the sack, shielding my eyes when the sun shone on me. I looked around and then found the tooth fairy, Santa, Sandman, and Bunny all staring at me. Next to them, with his stick gracefully perched on his shoulder, a sheepish grin on his face, as if this all couldn't get any worse, was...

"Jack?" I blinked.

"Hey, Kia..." Jack wined, rubbing the back of his neck, "Sorry. You're probably really mad at me, huh?"

Without another word, I launched myself into him, wrapping my arms around his shoulder. We both crashed onto the ground, with me on top of Jack, as he wrapped his arms around me, too, slowly. Santa flinched back and I let go of Jack, happy tears in my eyes.

"I thought you left me." I whispered, getting up and helping Jack up, too. Jack winced and shook his head, looking at the Guardians over my shoulder.

"No. I would never do that, Kia. I promise you." Jack looked over at the Guardians and gestured at them, "I was kind of busy being kidnapped, thrown into a portal, and being forced into the job of a Guardian. And now..." Jack pointed at the palace and I gasped. It was ruined. There were no tooth fairies that I've heard of in sight and the palace was empty. Even though I've never seen the tooth palace, I knew it shouldn't look like this.