6th chapter / Confusion

Shadow trudged home in his malfunctioning boots, covered in mud and scratches. He had crashed into a swamp not far from home. His boots stopped working after the crash. 

Shadow kicked a pebble. Stupid fucking shoes. He'd have to walk home in heavy rocket skates, with bruised knees and twigs in his quills. He plucked an incredibly annoying one out, grunting in annoyance. 

Stupid fucking stranger.

Because of that blue hedgehog, he was in this shitty situation. A few miles away from his house feeling extremely confused and pissed. He felt like he knew that guy from somewhere, but where? How did the name 'Sonic' enter his head? And why was it right?

Shadow faintly heard a ghostly giggle behind him. It must be that girl Maria. 

In all honesty, he hated thinking about her. Before, he would've been intrigued, even excited when she showed up because then he could figure out more. Now, anytime her name popped up in his head, he felt a strange feeling in his gut. As if he was missing something... like he was empty.

Why did everything have to be so damn complicated? He shouldn't be dealing with these ghosts. He should be living a normal life, studying, and hanging out with friends. He should not be questioning his entire life. Everything was so confusing. 

Shadow's head spun with all his questions. Whatever these things mean, he needs to find out now. Maybe he should try to find that 'Sonic' guy again. He seems to know the most.

--

yall sorry this is so short