8th chapter / Attempt

cover art by zjedz-goffra

Shadow needed answers. And the person that seemed to know the most was Sonic. But he had no idea how to contact him again. So he waited at that store where they first met.

--

"Excuse me, do you know anything about a, uh... blue hedgehog?" Shadow asked an employee.

The employee unpacked some produce. "Ah, you must mean Sonic. He's one of our regular customers." 

"...Do you have his number?"

"It is against our policy to give away personal information regarding clients. We also don't collect phone numbers, either." 

Shadow frowned. "I need to talk to him. Does he have a 'usual spot'?" 

"Well, he does go near the frozen food aisle often," The employee pointed to an aisle at the other end of the store. 

"Thank you."

--

Shadow sat for 30 minutes, waiting for Sonic. He was about to lose hope when he spotted the bright blue quills of said hedgehog.

--

Sonic could've sworn he saw those black-and-red quills again. But even if it was Shadow, they had a negative reaction the last time they met. He shouldn't approach him. 

Sonic decided it was better if he avoided Shadow and returned another day. He left the store.

--

Just as soon as he saw those quills, they disappeared. Was it merely an illusion? 

Shadow sighed and left.

-

Shadow bumped into a spiky wall. "Agh, what the--"

The wall turned around and stared. 

"Sonic, right? I've been looking for you," Shadow said.

Sonic looked uneasy. "Last time wasn't... er, it was... awkward..."

Shadow sighed in reply. "I know. I have some questions I'd like to ask you though..."

yall I'm so sorry it took so long, i had a massive burnout. i wish i could've made this longer but its hard for me to write long chapters without breaking it up into pieces