Chapter Ten | Saviour

« « « « «

« « « « «

Against her better judgment, Hope ignored her suspicions and carried on going on dates with Azula. She believed that the girl could change or was changing because all their dates were full of fun.

They had been to nearly all the tea shops in the upper ring and had been to plenty of noodle shops. They had been on seven dates total while Team Avatar was here and Hope detected no signs of danger.

She had avoided telling the Team about it because she had hoped that she could change Azula. Aang had gone to meet with a guru and to help him control the Avatar state since it was becoming dangerous.

Hope had found a place called the Jasmine Dragon and met a nice man who served her tea "So how was your last date?"

Hope smiles at him and takes the tea that he was holding out to her "It was great Ariel has been super nice and gets me flowers each time I see her"

Iroh looks away as if remembering a memory and smile "Ah young love, I remember the feeling"

Hope smiles at him while savouring her tea "Not just young love, did you finally ask out Li-Mei"

Iroh blushes when he hears the name and looks around before turning back to Hope "I have, we will be going out tomorrow night, my nephew also has a date"

Hope looks at him surprised, there weren't many times Iroh mentioned his nephew but he always had a smile on his face when he did "Good for him, you speak highly about him I'm surprised he hasn't had a date earlier"

Iroh shakes his head "No no he isn't the type of person to go on dates but I convinced him otherwise"

Hope nods and finishes her tea with a smile "Well I'd like to meet him at some point he sounds really nice"

Iroh gives her a small nod that was paired with a friendly smile "I'll try to make sure he's here when you are next"

Hope gives him a bright smile and stands up "Okay well I'll see you soon I have to meet Katara"

Iroh waves as she walks out and she returns the gesture before walking back to the Earth Kingdom palace. She was walking through the palace when some Dai Lee agents approached her "Hello?"

"We've been ordered to escort you to the throne room by order of the fire Princess"

Hope's heart drops once she hears that Azula has disclosed herself and some how had control over the Dai Lee. She doesn't fight or argue though and she walks with them until they reach the throne room.