Chapter Eleven | Healing

« « « « «

« « « « «

A few weeks earlier:

Hope was attending to an unconscious Azula and trying to heal her when Katara, Sokka and Toph walked in "We need to talk"

Hope nods gently and looks away from Azula putting the water away and standing.

As they all walk out Ty Lee walks into the room but Hope has some explaining to do so she gives her a small smile and follows after the group.

They stop just on a cliff and Katara is about to speak but Sokka beats her to it "What the heck was that back there?!"

Hope looks away from him and to the ocean beneath them with a sigh "It's called bloodbending, it's a subtype of bending that controls anyone and anything that has blood running through them or it and it's something that shouldn't be used"

"It sounds cool"

Katara gives Toph a disapproving look while Sokka nods making Katara hit him on the shoulder "No it sounds dangerous and immoral"

Hope nods because Katara was definitely right about that "I know but I only use it while we are in immediate danger, I've learnt to control it and use it for good"

Katara shakes her head "Excuses don't matter when you are using something evil"

Hope nods because once again she was right but then Sokka speaks up "And what's up with the crazy girl?"

Hope's cheeks turn a shade pink because she understood what she was feeling for the girl "I like her and I think she is just misunderstood"

Sokka's eyes widen in shock and disbelief as he dramatically waves his arms around to emphasize his sentence "Misunderstood? She is crazy!"

Hope couldn't believe that for a second not after what Azula did for her "She saved my life"

Katara was now the one to speak up and object against Azula "And that could be a ploy to get to Aang after failing to take him out with the lightning"

"She's never redirected lightning and nearly died, that wasn't her fault"

Katara can't help but roll her eyes when she hears Hope come to Azula's defence again and starts walking away. She turns back when she doesn't hear the others following her and the two standing in front of Hope.

Sokka looks between the two before walking after Katara and Toph gives her an apologetic look before following the other leaving Hope alone.