Confession

We arrived at this beautiful coffee shop that had an ocean view. We sat down at the perfect table with the best view and stared at each other. I waited for him to react to the shop but he just looked around amazed by it's beauty.
"

Why didn't I know about this shop"he mumbled cutely. "Wow... I've never seen a coffee shop this beautiful before." He murmured softly as he noticed the surroundings, he took some time to look around the cafe. The view of the ocean from this cafe truly made it the perfect spot, he couldn't imagine the feeling of drinking a nice warm cup of coffee at a place like this.

He turned his attention to Ella, her face was covered with admiration and happiness. For some strange reason, Nathan seemed to be more attracted to Ella at that moment, the way she smiled and the way her eyes sparkled... it made his heart flutter.

"So what would you like to drink? I've been here a lot before, I basically live here I can give you some recommendations if you'd like" I rambled.

Nathan thought for a moment before saying, "Well... surprise me. I want to try something new." He said with a smile, he wanted to try something new, something he might really like.
He didn't want her recommendations to influence his choice too much, he wanted her to choose for him even. He wanted ella to be the one to make him happy, just like what she had done when she gave him the rose.

"Well you're in for an amazing treat"I said smiling shyly. I called for amy to place out order. She came over n looked at Nathan assessing him."Wow ella has company to her secret coffee shop shocking!" she said.

I blushed sending death stares at her.

Nathan's eye widened when he Ella's shy expression, the way her lips curved in a sweet smile was already charming enough but that smile when combined with her shyness... it was impossible for Nathan to not fall in love with her. Even though this was just a simple meeting between two friends, he couldn't help but feel a strange new emotion in his heart. It made his heart flutter and his face hot.

I ordered our drinks then me and Nathan spoke for a while before our drinks arrived.

As their drinks arrived, Nathan and Ella started to chat. Ella asked him about his training routine, the kind of weapon he likes to use now, and other random questions. Nathan had fun answering all of Ella's questions and at the same time learnt a few things about Ella's life.

There was a moment of silence as the two of them sat in their seats, each taking their time to sip their drinks before Ella broke the silence. "Nathan, are you still single?" She suddenly asked the question, which made him almost choke on his coffee.

"Yes, I am." Nathan said after a moment, he was too surprised by Ella's question. He never thought he would be in this position in his life, where Ella would ask him that kind of question.

"Do you... have anyone special in your life already?" Nathan asked out of curiosity and hoped that Ella would say no. If no one else had caught her interest then he was one step closer to winning her over, but that was a selfish and one-sided thought. He couldn't believe he was thinking like this.

"I had someone but as you know he cheated" she said surprised by his question.

"What a... a jerk." Nathan grunted, he couldn't believe the fact that someone was able to treat Ella like that. But he had to be careful, he couldn't just bash Ella's ex like that. She cared about him once in the past and Nathan didn't want to make that a bigger problem than it already was.