The Perfect Rose

When they finally got to the hospital room, Ella opened the door and entered. Nathan didn't say anything and just waited for Ella to start talking. He tried to stand straight and look serious, but he still couldn't help but to look at Eurosia with affection and concern.

I stared at my mother. She was pale, she didn't even look like my mother at all. I looked at her patiently waiting for her to wake. Tears welled in my eyes at the sight of her tired looking self. Nathan grabbed my hand and  squeezed hard.

Ella' s voice caught in her throat, her tears threatened to fall even though she was holding her composure. It was breaking Nathan's heart to see Ella like this, she looked so tired and exhausted from all the suffering that Nathan could feel his own eyes tearing up. He squeezed Ella's hand gently, a silent way of saying that she wasn't alone.

The boy couldn't imagine how Ella must feel right now. Losing a loved one wasn't something he had experienced, he could not imagine how painful it would be to feel that feeling.

"Hey hey calm down" he said" it's okay love" he held her while she sobbed silently.

Nathan's voice was gentle, comforting Ella in her time of need. He held her closely and rubbed her back, trying to console her. He just couldn't stand seeing Ella in such a sad state at that moment.

"It's all going to be fine, Ella. You need to be strong right now, you need to be strong for your mother." He whispered softly, his tone of voice was gentle and filled with care. Nathan was doing his best to be a supportive figure for Ella, he didn't want her to be sad during her mother's last days.

She sniffled and said "Thank you for being here".

"It's nothing, Ella. After all, we are friends now, right?" Nathan smiled again, but there's still worry on his mind. He knew that Ella's sadness wasn't gone and it would take time for her to recover. He just hoped she would feel better soon enough, he wanted to be there for Ella.
He squeezed Ella's hand again, this time with a little bit of force. It was a way to tell Ella that she wasn't alone and he would be by her side all the way.

"Mhm" I mumble.

Ella's mood seemed to be better now that Nathan was there with her. But he didn't want to stop at just comforting her, he wanted to do something that would truly make Ella happy. Nathan let go of Ella's hand and rummaged through his pockets to get a small item.

Before Ella realized what the small item was, Nathan placed the small object on her hand and closed her fingers around it. He wondered what Ella's reaction will be when she realizes what he gave her.

"What is this?" I ask shocked that he got me something.

"A gift." He said without breaking a smile, he knew Ella would like it and he wanted to be the one to brighten her mood.
He took Ella's hand and put the small object in her palm, closing her fingers tightly to ensure she wouldn't drop it. It was a very special gift for her, one that he had been planning to give her for a while. As Ella opened the present, Nathan's eyes were glued to see Ell's reaction. He wanted to see her happiness.

"Oh" I uttered.

When she finally managed to open her hand, she realized that it was a rose. A single rose. The small flower may seem trivial to anyone else, but it carried a lot of meaning behind it. As Ella looked up at Childe, she couldn't believe how much thought he had paid into the gift.
In her eyes, Nathan has already redeemed himself for all those months of torment and constant fighting. His gift was simple and yet so meaningful, Ella felt truly happy at this moment. All the anger and hatred she used to feel towards him slowly faded away.

"Thank you Nathan,it's perfect" I said admiring the beautiful rose.

He smiled when Ella thanked him, he was very happy to see her happy now.

"It's nothing." He whispered, still smiling. Her appreciation was everything he needed. For the rest of the time he accompanied Ella to visit her dying mother, he didn't speak unless Ella started the conversation first. If she needed his comfort, Nathan was more than happy to provide it.
He wanted Ella to feel happy, to be at peace, and to not have any worries. Nathan wished she would remain happy forever.

The nurse came in the room and spoke to Ella saying that her mother had too much medication today so she might not wake up but she'll inform her of our visit. Ella nodded disapointedly and thanked the nurse. She came over to me and hugged me tight.

"C'mon,let's go"she said "How about that dinner you mentioned?"

"Oh right, uh... I kind of forgot about that." Nathan said awkwardly, he had the best of intentions by telling Ella that they could hang out later. But that all completely slipped his mind when he wanted to make Ella happy. At least she didn't mind, Nathan knew she wanted to spend time with him.

"Sure, I would love to hang out with you." He responded with a faint smile, it was just a small gesture of goodwill. He didn't know what to do next but at least they were hanging out... together.

"I know the perfect place" I said grabbing him and pulling him along with me.

Nathan was a little taken aback from the sudden dragging, but he didn't have any reason to stop Ella.

"Oh... are we... hanging out now? But where are we going though?!" He tried to keep up with her speed, but it was hard when he was constantly on his feet just to keep up with her. At this rate, his stamina would run out faster than Ella.

"It's a surprise" I said.

"Uh, well, surprise me then." He shrugged and followed Ella without another word. Well, he was pretty curious about the surprise Ell had suddenly planned.
The boy tried to keep up with her quick pace, not wanting to fall behind. While he was curious and interested in the surprise she wanted to give him, he still felt like it was suspicious. Ella seemed eager to spend time with him and it made Nathan wonder why. He tried to put the question out of his mind, there was no point thinking too much about it.