Chapter 2: Yearbook Start

【(Y/N)'s POV】

【(Y/N)'s POV】

Last night I got home, and took a hot bath to make sure I didn't get sick. The rest of the night I did nothing. It was the first day of school, they never gave us work. I just sat in my room watching Netflix and Hulu trying to find something to watch. I went to bed pretty early, maybe around 11:00. I don't remember but waking up the next morning was awful. I hated waking up early.

I got dressed in my uniform and got ready with my rutie, and headed out the door. I got to school a little bit before the bell rang. Watari was already in the classroom sitting at his desk. I took a seat and class started.

We really didn't learn much. Just a few things like elements on the periodic table. I suck at memorizing things so, chemistry won't be easy for me. We got into algebra for math, and we need to read some chapters of a book. At least I'm good at reading. I might actually finish the book before we finish it in class if it is good.

Hours passed and it was finally lunch time. You get up from your seat and head out of the class. "(Y/N) where are you going?"

"I promised Hayato to get close with Tsubaki so we are eating lunch with each other today."

"Good to hear, make sure to be nice."

"I know that Watari" And with that, I walked up to the photography room. Tsubaki wasn't there yet so I just waited. She arrived a minute later. She did apologize for making me wait. At least she is being nicer too.

We sat and talked about the club and our interests. We did have a few things in common. Our love for photography, books, and movies. "What's your favorite book," I asked her.

"I like The Great Gatsby! It's a classic book, and the ending is both sad and somewhat happy."

That's an interesting choice. I would have never thought. Mine is The Song of Achilles. I'm not done reading it but I like it so far."

"Oh, that's on my to-read list. I might actually read that next." we both laugh. Before we both knew it, lunch was over and it was time to go back to class. "Alright, see you later (Y/N)."

"See you later Tsubaki." We both waved goodbye and walked away. Tsubaki is actually a nice person. Why did we even argue last year? I got back to class and sat at my desk.

Watari came in and said,"So, how did it go?"

"I think it went well. We both have a lot in common."

" Why did you guys used to argue then?"

"I don't' know, but now I think we are going to be really close friends." I smiled at him and the day went on.

Finally the last bell rang and it was time for clubs. Watari and I parted ways and I once again went up to the club room. "Hey, (Y/N) how are you and Tsubaki coming along, Hayato asked.

"I think we are getting along fine. I didn't know we had a lot in common."

"That's great I'm glad you two are getting long." Tsubaki entered the club room smiling and waving at me. I waved back and we went on with other things.

Hayato told everyone that we need to get pictures for the yearbook. He assigned people to different clubs. He told people what clubs to go to, and of course he came up to me and said,"(Y/N) you got the boys volleyball team."

I heard a loud gasp from the first year girls. I guess they're jealous because I get to see Oikawa now. I really don't want to see him. I do have to return his umbrella though. At least I get to Watari. We all parted ways, and I headed towards the gym.

When I got there, I heard the squeaking of sneakers, and balls hitting the floor. I peak around the corner and saw the boys practicing. The first one to notice me was of couse Oikawa.

"Hey again Little cutie." Why is he calling me that? We literally just met yesterday.

"Um, hey, I'm in the photography club and I was assigned to you club to take pictures."

"How do I know you're actually with the club, and not one of my fan girls trying to take pictures? If you wanted pictures of my, all you had to do was ask." Is he being serious right now?

"Oh, hey (Y/N) what are you doing here?" Yes. Watari came and saved me from Oikawa.

"Watari, you know (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, she's my friend." I saw Oikawa's eyes glimmer. But in sort of a bad way. "She actually is in the photography club and trust me she wouldn't be here unless she had to."

"Oh, in that case, take as many pictures as you like. Just get my good side, okay Little cutie."

"Can you stop calling me that, we just met yesterday."

"Why, it suits you?"

"It's making me uncomfortable." The glare he gave me was almost like a bullet going into my heart.

"Fine then, I'll stop calling you. Is that better (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, thanks." He now seems irritated. Is he really mad at that? Why is he so mad now? This is why I didn't want to be here. I would have taken any other club, but no, I have to be with the boys volleyball team. I feel like Hayato did this on purpose. I know I'm going to be asked so many questions tomorrow. The boys went back to practicing and I took a few pictures. They weren't the best quality, they were still decent.

Practice ended, and all the boys started to go home. I remembered I had to give back Oikawa's umbrella. I took it out of my bag and I walked towards him. "Oikawa thanks for letting me borrow your umbrella yesterday."

"You welcome (Y/N). Anything for you." He gave me his smile again and I once again felt uncomfortable. I started to walk to walk home.

I watched the sky turn from its blue color into purple and pink. The sunset was beautiful, but I felt like I was being watched. I looked over my shoulder, but nothing was there. I was still cautis, and I got home. I started my homework. I tried to memorize some of the periodic table, but it was hard. I read a few chapters of the book school gave us. It was okay. It's not what I like to read but at least it's something.

Around 2 hours later I finished my homework and picked up from where I left off of The Song of Achilles.