Part 9 | Stupid

"Woo, you haven't touched your dinner," Yunho said, pulling Wooyoung back from his thoughts. Wooyoung's mind had been drifting since yesterday, ever since San left his apartment abruptly. No response to calls or messages. Wooyoung was baffled, wondering if he had done something to upset San, though he couldn't recall any such incident.

"I'm just not in the mood right now," Wooyoung replied, setting his fork aside. Yunho sensed something was amiss with his best friend. "Why is Wooyoung not interested in his beloved hamburger on our regular Wednesday burger night?" Yunho asked, concerned.

Wooyoung, Yunho, and Yeosang typically enjoyed burgers together every week, but tonight it was just the two of them as Yeosang was on a date with Jongho.

Wooyoung eventually confessed, "It's San. He's not responding to my messages or calls."

Yunho questioned, "Wooyoung, are you sure San is as serious about your relationship as you are? It's only been a week. Maybe he's not as committed." Wooyoung stood up, visibly upset. "Don't speak about San like that. He's not like that. Why do you keep suggesting he's not serious or playing with people's feelings?"

Yunho attempted to soothe his friend's nerves, saying, "Calm down, I'll call Mingi. Maybe he knows where San is. They've been busy lately; perhaps he hasn't had a chance to contact you."

"But he could've at least said something so I wouldn't be here feeling lost," Wooyoung said, running his fingers through his hair. "Something just doesn't feel right." He swallowed hard.

Mingi answered the phone, and Yunho and Wooyoung could hear the sounds of a lively crowd in the background, like he was at a club. "Hey, who's this?" Mingi's voice sounded quite intoxicated. "It's Yunho," Yunho replied shortly. "Yunhooooooo, my darling, I've missed you so much," Mingi gushed. Wooyoung was a bit puzzled by Mingi's reaction but managed to stifle a laugh. Yunho replied, "Mingi, are you drunk? Are you at a club?"

Mingi flirtatiously responded, "Oh, not quite drunk yet, just a little tipsy. Join us here!"

"Us? You're with someone?" ignoring the flirtatious advances.

"Well, yeah, I'm following San. He said he wanted a drink."

Both Yunho and Wooyoung exchanged wide-eyed glances. "Alright, I'll head over," Yunho answered as he close the call.

"We're going too, right?" Yunho asked Wooyoung, who simply nodded. They finished eating and ordered a taxi. Wooyoung couldn't resist teasing Yunho, saying, "Why are you so cold to Mingi? Does he have a crush on you or something?" Yunho scoffed, "No, it's not like that. Well, actually he just confessed yesterday. He's a bit naive; he probably didn't mean it."

Wooyoung kept teasing, "Well, that's unexpected. Maybe we can go on a triple date sometime."

"I'm not going that easy on him," Yunho smiled as they head to the club.

_______

Loud music thumped through the club as Yunho and Wooyoung pushed through the energetic crowd, searching for Mingi and San.

Mingi standing alone at the bar, sipping his drink. Yunho approached him and tapped him on the shoulder, "Hey, thought you weren't alone, where is San?"

Mingi suddenly noticing Yunho, and hug Yunho tightly, clinging to him.

"Ohhh! You have no idea how much I've missed you. Did you come here for me?" Mingi clung to Yunho like a child, then noticed Wooyoung behind Yunho.

"Oh, you're here too? Why are you guys here?" Mingi reach for his glass and took another sip of his drink.

Wooyoung replied briefly, "I'm looking for San."

Mingi's eyes scanned the crowd. "Oh yeah, San..Uh.." Mingi searched the crowd, looking bewildered.

Yunho ask him, "What exactly are you two doing here?" Mingi admitted, "I don't know; San has been down lately. I wanted to cheer him up and buy him a drink. But I seem to have lost him now."

"What? No, you shouldn't have left him alone like that! He can't handle his drinks on his own, especially with no one supervised him," Wooyoung worriedly remarked.

Mingi brushed it off, saying, "He's fine. I bet he found some girl and is off somewhere getting cozy." Mingi, momentarily forgetting that Wooyoung was San's boyfriend, received a sharp slap on the shoulder from Yunho. "Ah, I mean, you can go look for him yourself. I want to dance with Yunho." Mingi, flustered, and flee, grabbed Yunho and headed for the dance floor, leaving Wooyoung behind.

"Hey!" Yunho called out as he was dragged away, signaling Wooyoung to continue searching for San.

____

Wooyoung scoured the entire area, but there was no sign of San. Not in the bathroom, not on the dance floor. His worry grew until he heard a familiar voice coming from one of the club's rooms.

Wooyoung hesitated; it was the last place he wanted to find San. He moved closer to the door where he heard the voices. He stunned,  it was definetly San. But it's not just him , a girl voice? Why San in a suspicious room, and with a girl?

Wooyoung's heart raced, and tears welled up as he reached for the door handle. He hold his breath.

The door opened, revealing San lying on a bed, being kissed by an unknown girl. He's looking weak, but he suddenly noticed Wooyoung's presence. "Woo?" San looked shocked.

Wooyoung was frozen, unable to find words. Tears streamed down his face. His hand shaking as he tried to backed off and closed the door, mumbling, "I'm sorry, I..." he stuttered as he tried to leave the scene.

San rushed after him, grabbing Wooyoung's wrist. Wooyoung slapped his hand away, his gaze fixed ahead, refusing to look at San, and he walked away.
"Woo..wait I'm" San tried to call Wooyoung.

Wooyoung stopped, "I don't want to hear anything from you. Just leave me alone. Goodbye." he walked away

San was silent, he's just standing still, letting Wooyoung went out of sight, leaving.

______

"You were right. I'm.. I'm so stupid," Wooyoung cried as he walked back to Yunho. Yunho worriedly rushed to hug him. "What happened, Woo?" Yunho asked, deeply concerned. Wooyoung just reply weakly as he tried to stop sobbing, "Can we just go home? I can't take this anymore." Yunho nodded, bid goodbye to Mingi, and left the club with Wooyoung.

____
Sorry for late update!! pls voteeee