Promise day 1

The next day, you woke early in the morning so you could take a bath since you didn't have the energy the previous night. After you done bathing, you ate a quick breakfast and then left for the Agency.

(...)

When you arrived, as always, you were greeted by your comrades only this time you waved back although, you were threatened to do it by Dazai.

He was watching you from near a window and to male you greet your comrades back, he pretended to jump off the window.

(...)

Today's work wasn't a lot. You all were done fast and Fukuzawa dismissed you. After that, everyone went to the cafeteria from down the Agency but you left immediately.

But... Dazai followed.

(...)

Your way again brought your to the building again.

You took the elevator, went to the last floor and sat at the edge of the building to admire the view.

But...

Dazai: Y/n-san!

At the sound of your name, you turned back to face the person who called you.

Y/n: D-Dazai-san!?...
Dazai: I think you promised to me that you'll socialise, huh?
Y/n: I greeted them today...
Dazai: Yeah, with difficulty but okay. Good for first day.

At that you looked away.

Y/n: And you...
Dazai: Hm?
Y/n: ...today you ate a poisonous mushroom...
Dazai: Ah yeah, sorry, guess old habits die hard. Anyway, I think we both did good for first day. You talked to people and I only tried kill myself only two times today!

After that, there was silence for a moment but suddenly you broke it.

Y/n: Look.
Dazai: Huh? Where?
Y/n: Sky.
Dazai: Hm?
Y/n: I said I'll try to show the beauty of life...
Dazai: Ah, yeah.

Dazai said and turned his head to the sky. You did too. The view was breathtaking. The sky was mostly orange but it had a tint of pink and a little purple. There were some clouds but this only made it more beautiful. The sun, that was facing you two, was giving the clouds shadows and it made the view look like it cane out of a fairytale.

Y/n: You know, you don't have to look much to find beauty in life. Sometimes, beauty is hiden in things you consider usual, like a sunset.
Dazai: Mm, it's beautiful...

Dazai agreed while looking at the sky orange sky.

(...)

When sun set, you both headed back, towards the Agency's dorms. When you arrived, you parted ways to your dorms.

Dazai: Well, goodnight Y/n-san.
Y/n: G-goodnight Dazai-san.
Dazai: See you tomorrow!

Dazai waved and left for his dorm.

Y/n: See you.

You said in a low voice and left for your own room.