8| DISRUPTION

"Miss Williams," Professor Carver called out once the last student was out of the class. He motioned with his hand for me to come and join him at the front of the class.

I was sitting here with my wide eyes on him, looking like a deer caught in headlights in the empty room save for the two of us. I didn't want to know why he had told me to stay behind after the class. Maybe it was nothing bad. Maybe he just wanted to discuss something about my thesis. As for the other students' attention on me, maybe it was simply because I fell asleep in the middle of the lecture. That wasn't such a big deal, right? Most of the professors didn't even care if someone was sleeping in their class.

But Shane Carver wasn't like most professors.

I had a feeling I was in big trouble.

I looked down, cleared my throat, and said, "No, thank you. I prefer to stay where I am."

"Don't keep me waiting." His voice was quiet, but it was enough to get me moving. I didn't want him to get more upset than he already was. I kept my head down but reached for my backpack.

He leaned back on the desk, gripping the edge as he waited for me while I packed my things. Slinging my bag over my shoulder and wrapping my fingers tightly around the strap, I made my way toward the front of the class. I didn't know what the fuck was happening, but I knew I had screwed up somehow. And it was with Professor Carver. Again.

I stopped at a respectable distance from him, just in front of the first row of seats. My eyes went to the closed door. I desperately wanted out of here. Looking at the ground, I was dreading what he was going to say. But I knew I had no other choice but to face this. I don't know if I was talking to him or myself when I started babbling, "I swear I didn't mean to fall asleep. This is what happens when you stay up all night painting. I was just so exhausted, and I thought putting my head down for a few minutes would help but..." My eyes were still on the ground as I gave a huff of nervous laughter.

Why the hell was he not speaking?

I finally peeked up at him through my lashes. He was still leaning on the desk, silently regarding me. He hadn't moved an inch while I spoke. I looked away as soon as my eyes met his. They were framed with his glasses, unlike in my dream. I was still not used to seeing him with glasses. It was more difficult for me to look at him now as his face and those green eyes reminded me of my dream.

I took my bottom lip between my teeth as I stood there, my fingers fiddling with the strap of my bag as I waited for him to speak.

"I'm so sorry that I fell asleep during your class, Professor Carver," I apologized when he didn't say anything. "I can assure you that it will never happen again."

With my luck, I'd probably end up messing up again in front of him. At the moment, however, my main concern was to get myself out of the mess I was currently in, so I was going to say anything that would get me out of it. I'll see about my future mess-ups when I get into them.

My eyes dart to the door again. Were some of the students trying to listen to what was happening inside? I wouldn't put it past them to try to do so. I knew some of them, especially Hailey, would definitely be waiting for me to come out so they could wring out every information about what happened with Professor Carver. The fact that people still didn't know much about him made all of them more excited to know anything that might tell them more about him. Most of them who knew Leo knew that Shane was his older brother. But that's all they knew about him. That and that he has a very nice ass.

And from my dream, a very impressive erection too.

I clenched my thighs together, still avoiding Professor Carver's gaze.