| 25 |

"Attention all surviving contestants. Tomorrow a feast will be held at the Cornucopia. You're all in desperate need of something. Something that will be prepared for you at the feast."

My head poked out of the cave at the loud announcement. I glanced around and then looked back in at Jungwon. It was obvious that whatever we needed would be present at the feast for Jungwon. Question was just, how it would help him and for how long.

"You're not going," Jungwon shook his head quietly.

"It might be antibiotics," I reminded gently and he hummed quietly, "you'll need them."

"I can't stop you, can I?" he questioned and I shook my head quietly.

"It's my turn to run towards the Cornucopia," I chuckled and he smiled slightly, grabbing towards the thermal blanket. 

I didn't hesitate before pulling the blanket over him. Throughout the day his body temperature had been seesawing between a fever and hypothermia. It was rarely anywhere in between. Every once in a while he would let out small gasps, as if he had trouble getting enough air down in his lungs.

"If you don't get back, I'll die as well," Jungwon reminded quietly and I immediately nodded as I looked out of the cave. The sun setting in the distance and getting ready to tell us who had died during the day.

"I'll get back," I assured him quietly, "I can run fast when needed."

"And with extreme malnourishment," he retorted and I hummed quietly.

"It's not like it's new to me," I reminded with a small smile and he let out a small snort as he tugged the thermal blanket further up around him.

My attention was abruptly ripped away from Jungwon when a loud canon went off in the distance once again. That was four deaths within one day. The most it had been in two days or so. It almost seemed like people were dropping like flies now. It couldn't possibly be murders each time, some of them had to be infections or freak accidents as well.

"Will you tell me who's dead?" Jungwon questioned as the national anthem wearily played out over the arena.

By now I could almost every tone in my head, without fail. It had become a haunting meoldy that disrupted my dreams whenever I closed my eyes. I was sure it was something that would continue to haunt me until I eventually die - whether it was in the arena or outside of it.

"The boy and girl from District Two are both dead," I muttered as both pictures flickered up on the sky.

"I wanted to kill the girl from District Two," Jungwon sighed and I glanced down at him, "you killed the boy from one, because he was hurting me. It only seemed fair I did the same for you."

"You wouldn't have been able to do so," I reminded and he smiled weakly as I pushed his hair out of his forehead, "you're too good."

"Who else?" Jungwon asked.

I turned my head back around and looked at the sky, quietly reciting the boy from District Six and the boy from District Seven to be the last two to die. It took me longer than usual to do the mental calculations and look back down at Jungwon.

"We're four girls and five boys left," I whispered and he nodded quietly, "just a bit longer Jungwon."

"I can do it," he nodded quietly and closed his eyes tightly, "how many won't die at the feast tomorrow? I can do it. I can grit my teeth and live."

"Exactly," I agreed quietly, smiling to myself as I watched him try and calm down his ragged breathing to fall asleep, "you can easily survive..."