| 2.9 |

I impatiently shifted my weight from foot to foot, awaiting my turn to go up on stage to Augustus Truman and give my interview. Carda had outdone herself once again, deciding to use charcoal black ribbons to weave the texture of my dress for the night. Venus had fed me my lines; what was I thinking of the games this time? I didn't think much, I just wished the Capitol had accepted my application to transfer to Twelve so that I could be with Jungwon. What was my stragedy for the games? Stay with Jungwon. Whatever question Augustus could possible ask me Venus had given me a Jungwon related answer.

"It'll be alright," a murmur came from in front of me and I trailed my eyes up from the dark blazer I was staring straight at. Looking over his shoulder Jungwon wore a smug smile as he looked down at me, "you can remember it all, no need to recite."

"Hm?" I hummed quietly.

"You're muttering under your breath," he pointed out and reached his hand out to softly squeeze my arm, "you'll be fine."

Mere seconds passed before an Avox gestured for Jungwon to go up on stage and my eyes immediately glued to the monitor screen by the foot of the stairs. He looked like a natural - almost like he belonged in that type of spotlight in such nice clothing. Augustus was visibly most excited to see him, out of all the other tribiutes he had interviewed that night. 

"Now, Jungwon... I need to say, you keep impressing me," Augustus sighed as they sat down, his cue cards nestled comfortably between his hands, "last year you scored an eleven on the grading test. This year you outdo yourself with a twelve. How do you do it? Will you reveal to us this year what you did?"

"You know Augustus... you know me," Jungwon shrugged with his smug smile, glancing over the audience, "I can't reveal all of my secrets."

"Sure you can't," Augustus laughed happily, "but one thing you must reveal... I'm sure we all remember how it went for you last year. We were all very happy and relieved to see you out of that arena, and back so healthy earlier this year for the Victory tour!" Augustus declared and earned a few yells of agreement from the audience, "do you feel you have an advantage this year because your games were so recent?"

"I don't think I necessarily do, no," Jungwon shoo his head and adjusted his blazer quietly, "everyone else here have had years to mentor and figure out all the right tactics... I only survived on luck last year."

"Luck?" Augustus questioned and Jungwon snickered.

"I have a habit of calling her that, yes," Jungwon nodded quietly.

"And this must be miss Jiyeon, am I correct?" Augustus leaned in with a knowing smirk on his face.

"You are," Jungwon nodded with a small chuckle, that quickly faded away once a thought crossed his mind, "I uhm... last year I only survived because I was lucky she was with me. She's my luck. Nursed me and sacrificed herself for me through the games... I have to pay her back," Jungwon quietly seemed to realize as he scratched the side of his nose, "after the games I got treated for my Sepsis. Marianne watched over me and even said I asked for Jiyeon in my sleep and when I was completely drugged out," he admitted quietly - looking more vulnerable than he had in a long time, "this year it's my turn to be her luck."

"It must affect you a lot that you're both going back," Augustus realized with sorrowful eyes and worried eyebrows.

"When I heard the premises for this Quarter Quell I uhm... I cried to my mother all night. I had a chance of not having to go back. Twelve have previous victors, Thirteen only had her and Jason. I knew regardless I would have to watch her run from death," Jungwon admitted quietly and the audience cooed as he sucked in a sharp breath, "I'm sorry," he excused and quickly looked down.