Wait For Me.

What if I beg you to wait for me,

and I wait and wait, possibly until we're old and grey?

Can you wait for me to settle?

To get the mischief to ease out of my bones?

————-

I'm not ready to sit and build a home, but someday I will lay in a big log cabin nestled between evergreen trees.

Everyday my heart calls out to the mountains and begs my brain to move; to settle; to rest where it calls home.

I don't long for you anymore. I long for home; for rest; for the west.

I cry for dry earth, cold rain, and endless bright blue sky.

When I think about what I want -what I need- it's to rest under pink and purple clouds setting into rocky peaks.

You could lie there too -with me.

Please be patient. It is your turn to wait for me.

I have lived and I have moved. I have striven and I have achieved. I have pledged my life to serve my country and I have moved so very far from you.

In spite of it all, when I sleep I dream of home, of cows, of meed, of getting stoned.

I miss my home, I miss my mom, I miss my town. I miss my life, my friends, my heart, my taste in art.
I had to move, I had to leave, I had that itching and that need.

I needed to be more, to know it all and still succeed.

I have accomplished all my dreams and my heart is not at ease.

————-

Please , please wait for me until my heart convinces my brain and my ever striving spirit that it cannot live another day without your peace.

When that day comes, please forgive me when I plead for you again, when I beg for your return, and when I am ready to settle down and die with you.

Please wait for me, because that day is coming; my heart is counting down the seconds.