2. Weird quirks

"Let's be for real, where do you know her from?" Leo's eyes squinted as she sipped on her green vomit drink. 

I did dare to ask what exactly it was and apparently she drank a matcha latte. Some green pond potion, handed to her by some junky witch in an alley I supposed.

I scoffed, "What are you talking about?"

The warm latte brought to my lips, I savored the heavenly taste flooding my tastebuds and filling my body. Despite the fact it was the end of summer and still warm enough to wear shorts and tops, this coffee was my lifesaver. The lack of caffeine this morning was noticeable by then end of my classes. Eyes barely maintained open throughout the hours, I now got a little hope with the small mug in my hands.

My opposite placed her cup on the table, eyes directed at me. "The way you tensed up the second she entered was quite suspicious." Heartbeat picking up I took another sip of my drink. "Just kidding, I didn't see shit. But you seem weird."

The tension within my chest was released with a soft breath. I trusted Leo... to a certain level. But something like this? It was insane to not weight my options. "I was missing out on my caffeine since you decided to give me some vegetable smoothie."

"It's supposed to help with stress or something..." Leo mumbled, leaving me with great suspicion and worry.

"Is it your dad?" I asked and readjusted my posture, wiggling my hips to get more comfortable. Her gaze averted to the calm street outside the coffee shop, making it pretty clear she was not in the mood to share. Tapping my fingernail against the surface of the wooden table, I parted my lips. "The woman from Italy made me realize I should be more selfish. And truthfully, it feels much easier to be at peace with my decision to not attend the extra credit workshop." I smiled warmly and caught a thankful grin playing over her lips.

"You know that was not so selfish." She winked and visibly relaxed. "But how come it takes some random woman's pussy for you to realize you are in fact an adult and capable of making decisions on your own? I've been telling you for years to say fuck it."

"Jesus, the 'I told you so' talk?" My eyebrow arched and her smirk grew.

Ironically, Leo was one of the first people I've befriended at university. She was the bombshell bitch everyone viewed as nothing else and although she declared it to be no issue whatsoever, I managed to get a small glimpse behind that surface. I did think she was a bitch, but once she sat down next to me in business class with Professor Rickerson... truth to be told, I still think she is a bitch, but Eleanor is my bitchy best friend.

Fuck it.

Nodding, I took another, bigger sip from the latte before speaking, "And Mrs. Blanchett kind of is the woman from Italy..."

Splashes of the pond green, horrific smelling matcha latte hit my chest and chin, forcing me to cringe and gag. Coughing and faint gasps filled the small coffee shop.

"You—" Leo coughed and tears ran down her face. Once I had handed her a napkin and she and I were relatively clean, the dark haired woman proceeded. "You're fucking with me!" she exclaimed. "You are fucking with me! Cordelia Clark! You fucked our professor?!"

"Fuck off!" I glared around, noticing the pairs of eyes glimpsing at us. "Can you keep your voice down?"

"Delia! You banged our professor? You did all these kinky things with her?!" Kicking her shin under the table, a whine reeked from her lips. "You let her tie you up!"

"Eleanor!" I cursed. "She was into it and... it was exciting to have her try out all of that." I whispered the last part. We might have been in a public place, nevertheless sharing what I was into was not everyone's business.