20. Thanksgiving my ass

tw: Thanksgiving, parents

*Cordelia's POV*

Admiring the blue haired woman her hair just barely pulled into a bun at the base of her head, whilst she glared through the lens of her camera. The soft blue ribbon wrapped around her bun was a necessity. Not once have I seen her without it —I may have only been joining her for a few days, but it counts. Her soft bangs masked her focused forehead. The clicking rang through the studio and I was in awe of the woman moving in front of her objects to capture exactly what she needed.

This internship was surprisingly pleasant. I faintly remember the disgust and anxiety ringing through me when attending the mandatory ones in grade nine and ten. I did not even know what drove me to ask a kindergarten if I could make my internship there. I hate noise and kids are cute at times, but overwhelming as well.

So watching Nicole Swan doing her work was lovey. Being able to accompany her, watch her and learn from her was like meeting your favorite Disney princess in Disney World. The silver jewelry one could find all over her body was as artistic as her fine line patch work tattoo sleeve. A globe and sun, stars and an angel as wenn as a few more images were on display. All in a relatively soft manner. Despite the blue hair, her style of clothing was kept plain. Baby-T with a 2000s vibe and high waisted jeans.

A humming from my left and a hip bumping into mine pulled my attention away. The same length hair, but instead of the voluminous and perfectly curled hair, Gwendolyn had an undercut and a dark shade of green coating her natural light brown hair.

"She's great isn't she?" Gwendolyn put on her posh accent, mocking every Brit. She had crossed her arms over her chest, exposing her tattooed and defined arms. Ink spilled over her skin in a grunge style but one little tattoo stood out. A swan in fine line and red, a stark contrast to the black. "Gosh, I love watching her work."

"You're drooling all over the floor," I said. "I don't want to clean up after you."

Her brow arched, the sharp eyeliner below rising and her brown eyes glared at me. "Please," Gwendolyn chuckled. "Nicky is worth to be drooled over. Maybe I will do it just to beat you."

"Very mature, Gwendolyn," I teased and she cringed.

"It's Gwen." She exhaled, squinted her eyes and then smiled softly. "I saw the pictures too."

"You did?" I couldn't pinpoint why I was embarrassed, but I did.

Gwen nodded, the dark red lipstick curling into a smile. Her septum was slightly uneven, which perfectly represented her goofy side. At least the bit I have seen so far. "Not bad."

"But not good either." I nodded this time and she smiled at me in a different way. It seemed to be out of politeness perhaps.

"Is that not why you are here? To learn?" She definitely had a point there and still it did not change the way I felt at the moment. Why was it that I felt so exposed? The pictures were mine, but not embarrassing. "Maybe you'll loosen up at the shooting tomorrow." There she caught my interest. My brows quirked, basically asking what shooting it would be. "Something tells me you'll enjoy it."

Instead of elaborating she approached Nicole and pressed a kiss to her temple, whilst she still worked. A warm smile formed on her face, before it turned focused again.

"Do that again," Nicole said with a light voice, speaking to the woman in front of her lens and Gwen didn't budge. Her hand snuck around Nicole's waist whilst they remained close.

It was strangely conflicting seeing the two colorful heads nuzzled together so casually. Affection wasn't my best quality and having these two be so open about their relationship was heartwarming and breaking at once. I longed to create a relationship as these two for all my life and still I don't manage to do it. In defense, not only my romantic relationships are a little messed up. My platonic ones seem to be too. It starts by my family. It always does, no?