10. Books

A/N: I'm back home;) lil and unnecessary information follow. I was on a class trip in Italy and hell was I drunk. Haven't had as much fun as in the last week for a while tho. But the sleep was as few as it hasn't been for months too... anyway. Sorry, it took a bit to update, but last week was just a lot in general. Anxiety is a bitch and it bit my ass. I flew for the first time yey. Anyway, I'll try to update more often, however I have to submit a seminar paper in three weeks and I got almost nothing... so I will be forced to get some shit done fast. Shit being about 15 pages:,)

Enjoy reading<3

————————————-

TW: minor talk about sh/ sh scars

Chilly morning air blew past my body; erupting goosebumps to coat my exposed skin. Hands and neck nude, I rolled my shoulders, the momentous warmth of skin on skin was positively pleasant.

The vibrant greenery of my scenery had begun to fade into warmer shades. Yellow tinted leaves scattered the vanishing crowns of trees and bushes, few crusty brown leaves scattered the sidewalk. It was one of these days in late summer, where you dressed appropriate for freezing mornings and inappropriate for the hot evenings.

Upon entering the main building the silence enlightened the calmness in my being. No students snuck around and so far I had not come across any professor either. I was positive to not cross paths with any, except the one I would be meeting in few moments of time.

From my position in the middle of the hallway, I spotted the opened door to her office and the silence was broken soon after hearing a melodic humming. Glimpsing into the room, my eyes fell onto her swaying figure in front of the bookshelves. Cloth swiping the surface clean she kept on humming her melody. Shades of brown and beige were characteristics of the office ever since I stepped foot in it, but now a deep sage green accentuated her desk.

Attempting to move the empty hardwood bookshelf all by her self a grunt left her lips and I knocked on the doorway. Head spun around and back of her hand wiping along her forehead, a soft curve formed on her lips.

"Awfully early to be moving furniture all by yourself." Fists placed on her hips, chest heaving a little paced, Cate blinked. "Need a helping hand?"

"It's heavy." A pant slipped over her lips and she repositioned herself behind the piece of furniture.

Sleeves moved up to my elbows, I set hand on the bookshelf and pushed against it with lots of strength. Though we moved it away from the wall, the woman did not expose the smile from yesterday. She made it seem as though our achievement was not as great as it truly was.

"No comment about my hand?" I teased and she threw a conflicted expression my way. Eyebrows pulled tight, I could not grasp the answer to why she was so off. "Someone's grumpy this morning.."

"The books are on my desk, get going. I planned on wrapping this up today." Twirling her pointer around in the air, I approached the boxes and the stack I had already decided to keep.

Air cooled down I followed her task and observed the books of the second box. Fingertips sliding over slightly rough paper, I grounded myself. Touching nature after a wild night out was just as effective.

"I cleaned it again," I stated briefly and she interrupted her actions to glance over to me.

The difference within her features was not prominent, yet something appeared soothed. The wrinkle between her brows was less dominant.

"Did you remove the fragments?" I nodded and watched her hand guide the cloth along the second bookshelf. "Are you planing to talk about how it happened?"