Chapter 15

Jennie POV

How? How did this happen? 

I thought frantically as me and my team rushed towards the meeting room in the Gucci Headquarters, trying to consult an answer, but with no avail.

We burst through the double doors of the meeting room and I found my eyes stuck on Kim Taehyung. He was wearing a formal business suit, looking really fine. I really hope I can have the courage to tell him how I feel soon.....

Stop it, Jennie Kim! You have far worse problems now than a silly little crush!

I shook my head, trying to yeet the thoughts out of my mind.

"Jennie? Thank gods you're here! Let's start our meeting. We need to fix this problem as soon as possible!"

We sat down and quickly started the meeting. 

"So, let's figure out what to do now as a start. We are in danger of being bankrupt. This collab costed so much, and if we get sued for copying, we might even end up in jail!" Taehyung started off. 

"I know, so how about this. We can release a response to the public for both companies explaining that our companies were hacked and the designs were leaked, as well as saying that we are still investigating what happened?" I suggested. 

"Good idea, but that won't be enough to make the public less angry at us. We have to send out proof that WE were the victims in the story. I figured we could directly send out the videos and designs of our collab, which started a while ago, so it could be proof on how we designed it." Taehyung said. 

"Great idea! We can shut those netizens up with proof, and we HAVE to file a lawsuit against that fashion student who claims to be the one who is designing the work. We can let anyone get away with this!" I exclaimed. 

"True. Let's get into action now!" 

Both our teams nodded in agreement, and we immediately started issuing notices to the public, gathering videos as proof of us designing, and contacting the police on the issue. 

After a very long while, things eventually got better. The public believed us after the proof we sent out, and some netizens even apologised for saying bad things about our companies and even about BTS, Taehyung's group. Many people even said that our collab designs were legendary and they couldn't wait for it to be out! 

However, there was one problem. The fashion student that had claimed to be the designer of our collab has vanished into thin air, with no traces of such a person even existing. The police promised to keep investigating, but for now, we found nothing.

Taehyung sighed and sat back down. "Let's sit down and talk, everyone. I was hoping that the police would give us information on this matter, but now that they can't, we'll have to seriously talk about this. I'm sure all of you know what I mean. Whoever did it, speak up now."

 The room felt silent as we all registered Taehyung's words. If the police couldn't find out who leaked the information of the collab, we would have to do the searching. 

We had the highest security, and only a very small team of our most trusted people would know about the collab designs, and they were the ones sitting in this room with us..........

Someone in this room had leaked the collab, and we were going to find out who did it. 

Even the air in the room seemed serious. No one made a sound as we all understood what Taehyung meant. 

Finally someone from Gucci's team spoke up. "I swear it wasn't me, but hear me out. No one is going to just surrender. We have to get everyone to give out proof."

I looked up to see Hanni, one of the designers for Gucci. She was only 18, but she had wonderful designs. Taehyung had discovered her in BIGHIT, his group's company. She's was one of the trainees scheduled to debut soon, but Taehyung saw her potential and recruited her as a designer. She made quite a few suggestions during our designing process, and they were great.

Taehyung nodded. "We can't waste time. Everyone, as much as we trust all of you, you'll have to give out proof that you didn't leak the designs or showed it to anyone."

The proofing started. 

Minji, a designer from my team, spoke up. She was one of my cousins, and previously trained at BIGHIT with Hanni. I discovered her potential at one of our family gatherings. She was only 19, but her designs were no doubt amazing. She and Hanni were quite shocked to find each other in such an exquisite design team when it started, representing different companies.

"It couldn't be me. I'm Jennie unnie's cousin, and working in my relatives' company has always been my dream. All of my designs have been just for Chanel until this project, and Jennie unnie already promised to make me a brand ambassador after this project. Why would I leak information about this collab when I'm so closely tied to this company? If Chanel goes bankrupt,  I will end up losing my job, which is my only hope after I gave up being an idol. Besides, I spent so much time working on this project. I would never leak it!" As she said, she put her MacBook down on the table and let us scroll through it.

There was no doubt she was innocent.

However, the same could be said for everyone in the room. We couldn't even get a clue on who did it.

Taehyung finished his explanation, which was totally unnecessary, as he and me were the ones who would get affected the most if anything happened. We were the CEOs after all. 

This only left me, the only one who hadn't explained yet. No one was really paying attention, as it couldn't be me anyway, but I had to do it, even if it was just for show.

"So anyways it couldn't be me, as my life would be ruined and my dad would kill me if we got bankrupt blah blah blah (Author: Sorry but I'm just too lazy)..........and I never showed the designs to anyone except you guys and Chaeyoung." 

Everyone switched their heads to look at me and I said the last word. I froze. She couldn't...

"Chaeyoung? As in Rosé, the CEO of YSL, Tiffany and Co, and Sullwhasoo?" Taehyung asked, a nervous edge to his voice.

"Yeah, but she's my best friend alongside Jisoo and Lisa, and her brands have totally different styles than our collab. She's simply couldn't!"

A billion thoughts raced over my head. This was unlikely, but Chaeyoung, being the CEO for many rival brands........it was more convincing to believe it was her than it was to believe someone in our team had done it. 

I gulped, facing the tense gazes of my colleagues. 

It couldn't be Chaeyoung. It simply couldn't. 

Author note: Ooooooooooooo. Drama.......... Just to say, Rosé's my ult bias in K-pop, so defo no hate. It's just that I'm trying to add drama to the story.