Chapter 16

Taehyung POV

All of us looked on as Jennie shook her head. "It can't be Chaeyoung! There's no reason for this!" Despite her words, I noticed how she didn't seem to have much confidence saying that. 

My worries grew. Even Jennie didn't seem sure if Rosé was the one who leaked the designs. I truly hope she didn't, but considering how she's the CEO of several luxury brands that are considered our rivals in the fashion industry, she was the one who would gain the most out of all the people that could possibly know about our designs. 

I stood up. This was going to be bad. "Jennie, I know that you don't want to suspect your best friend, but if we're speaking logically, Ms. Roseanne Park is the one who would gain the most out out of all of us here if our collab and companies fail."

"No! Trust me, everyone, she won't! I've known her for more than a decade! She's the nicest person you'll ever meet. We tell each other about our brand's unreleased collections all the time! She knows so many of my secrets and I know many of hers as well. I trust her with all my heart, for she is one of my closest friends. I treat her like family." Jennie's face turned stubborn, as if she was 100% sure. 

I still had heavy doubts though. Who else could it possibly be? Everyone in our team poured so much heart into this collab. Rosé was the only one who had nothing to do with our collab whatsoever. It HAD to be her. 

I was now certain. 

"Jennie! Please! This is obvious! No one in our team would possibly leak the collab. You know how much this means for all of us!" 

"Taehyung! Don't talk bad things about Chaeyoung! The police doesn't have any information, and you have no proof! You can't just say that Chaeyoung's guilty like this! She's innocent!" Jennie insisted stubbornly. 

Something lit inside me. I was mad now. Why couldn't she see that Rosé was guilty? It was obviously her! 

"Well, YOU don't have any proof as well, and the odds are certainly in Rosé's favour if our collaboration is ruined! Just accept that your so-called best friend is a guilty backstabber!"

No one made a sound in the meeting room. You could hear a pin drop. 

I watched as Jennie's face turned from shock to fury. "KIM TAEHYUNG! Don't you DARE talk about my best friend like this! I trust her far far more than I trust any of you! Taehyung, I've always thought you were a good person, but I guess I was wrong. You're pathetic!" With that, she stormed off. 

"Unnie!" Minji cried out after her, rising to her feet, but Hanni stopped her. 

"She needs space. I don't think this meeting can go on due to her absence, so how about we end this now and talk about this issue another time?" 

Nods were seen all over the room, and the room soon emptied out, leaving me alone. 

Oh my goodness.........did I just yell at Jennie and get her mad at me? Why was I so stupid? But honestly, Rosé is definitely guilty. 

If Jennie won't handle the issue, I will. 

Author's note: Ooooooooooooooo the drama! Sorry for keeping you guys on hold (if anyone actually reads this) but yeah, I've been crazy busy in school for the past month and I'll be busy throughout November, so expect the next chapter to drop in at least December. Please don't give up on this story!