Ch: 22

Howdy came back from the village, he was exhausted and it was sundown. He came back from a day of working with the head counsel about the mysterious disappearance of Terrance cade Castler. They asked howdy a few questions about the kid, but nothing seemed to be traced or suspiciously tracked back to him. He walked down the nave and was about to go down the hall. But stoped when he heard people talking.

Howdy turned his head to see a room, half cracked open as a dim candle light was shining through the crack. He walked more to it and listened to the voices. He had finally come to realize, that they people that were talking were his friends.

"Barnaby calm down. This simply can't be possible." Frank said, "but it simply is!, listen to me, Wally had dried blood coming from his eyes!..howdy has changed since wally has Came here, and then suddenly a kid disappeared?" Barnaby said, "it could be just a coincidence, I mean, that kid could have just gotten lost..and you mentioned of being attacked, yes? That could be why wally had blood coming down his face." Julie said trying to reassure him. "No you aren't listening to me!..think about it guys. Howdy has always been a hard working priest, nothing can come through to him if it wasn't his job. But then Wally suddenly shows up and now howdy is different. Remember how he had a cut on his palm, and then after a day later i told you about how it suddenly healed?" Barnaby asked.

Howdy's eyes widened a bit as his eyebrows raised.

"And then howdy has been missing work, saying he is sick or something happened to him?" Barnaby said. "And supposedly a kid randomly goes missing after being seen with howdy, and while me and him were in the forest fetching some water for the supper I was going to make. I was launched into a tree by an invisible force. How can that be a coincidence." Barnaby finished.

"What are you saying?" Eddie asked, "...I think that howdy is being involved with something beyond our control." Barnaby answered. Howdy clenched his hands, "or maybe.." barnaby said, "Howdy is doing something beyond our control. Maybe wally..he is being made into it." Barnaby said sternly. "Wally has been very quiet since a couple days ago, when you "both" had been attacked.." sally said, "you both don't think that.." Julie said a bit afraid. 

"I think howdy is performing for the devil." Barnaby said. Howdy's heart starts to race as he said that. "How can you be so sure about something so serious?!" Frank said "howdy has been acting strange, how can his cut be mysteriously healed by something that was never really tended to. Who knows what he could've done. It could've been for a ritual or something that could be more worse than that. Howdy was with that kid before he disappeared, he is involved with it. He has been more distant with us. And Wally has been more quiet"

'How can barnaby go from soft and caring, to cold and sternly against me..' howdy thought. "We have to report this to the council. immediately" barnaby said. "I-....well, I..." Julie couldn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. "It is for the best." Barnaby said.

Howdy stepped back In disbelief. How can his own friends believe him. Someone who kissed him and didn't even care for what he thought.

"Howdy?" Wally said, howdy turned around a bit startled. "Howdy..I can hear your heart beating. It's going faster than usual, what is going on?" Wally asked, the worry in his voice visible. Howdy grabbed his arm gently and they both walked to his room.

He closed the door. "Howdy. What is going on." Wally asked, howdy looked at him a bit worried. "They were talking about me wally" howdy answered, "who?" Wally asked quickly. "Barnaby, Julie, sally and the others.." howdy replied, "about what." Wally asked, howdy noticed the anger in his voice. What would happen if he told the truth?.."I couldn't really hear. But I know it was about me." Howdy lied, "I see. But what has your heart beating fast?" Wally asked, "it must be because you startled me."
Howdy said giving a slight chuckle. Wally smiled more, relived that it was nothing really serious.

But howdy wasn't relived at all. No. He was afraid.