|16|

It's been a few days ever since the war. And during those days, Wei Ying has made it very clear that the remaining Wens shall not be mistreated even if their clan was evil. No one dared question him.

Wei Ying has settled down. They've rebuilt their clan, but there's been an empty feeling inside of him. As if he was missing something. Or could it be a particular someone?

(Side note, the last couple of chapters will be heavily focused on our favorite couple!)

Wei Ying was strolling around the lakeside before daybreak, his thoughts racing all over the place. Now, what can he do? What ought he to do? He simply exhaled a long sigh. What can he do in the present given that he was able to change the past? He didn't give this much thought in the future.

He heard light footsteps behind him and hurriedly turned around, believing it was his sister or brother, only to see a familiar face. Lan Zhan? He approached him with a mischievous attitude as his lips curled into a smile.

"Lan Zhan. It's good to see you, how are you? What brings you here?"

He remained silent for a short while, which worried Wei Ying. He was approached by Lan Zhan, who said, "I.. wanted to talk to you." Although his ears went brilliant red, he was clear on his objectives.

Due of how adorable Lan Zhan was, Wei Ying was unable to help but giggle. He joyfully took his hand and guided him to a more private location. A place where no one can overhear or eavesdrop on them as they converse.

"Alright what is it?"

"Wei Ying.. I.." he took a deep breath. "What am I to you?"

This struck Wei Ying hard. What was he talking about?? In confusion, Wei Ying nervously asked, "what do you mean?" Lan zhan didnt answer.

"I had once taken you as my whole life confident"

"Still, I am."

Before they knew it, Lan Zhan had quickly placed his hands to Wei ying's chin. Their lips touched. Wei Ying was stunned and unsure on how to respond. Their eyes were closed as they gave each other a passionate kiss, and all he knew was that he wanted this to last. As the minutes passed, their tongues began to dance against one another.

Finally, they broke off their kiss. Their eyes were locked together, and they were just holding onto each other while breathing heavily. Right now, words cannot adequately explain their sentiments.

Wei Ying finally spoke, "Lan zhan..? Do you..like me?" His eyes sparkled a bit, was this what he was missing? Someone who would always be by his side?

Lan zhan couldn't help but blushed. "Mhm." Even during this, Lan zhan is still not much of a talker. This made Wei Ying laugh, who would've thought that Lan zhan would just kiss someone out of the blue.

[Time skip, 1 year later]

"Wei Ying"

Lan zhan had just returned home, in his hands were Emperor's Smile. Wei Yings favorite wine. He set it down on the table as he walked over to his beloved boyfriend.

"You're back early!" Wei Ying was cooking dinner, he knew that Lan zhan couldn't eat spicy so he made a non-spicy dish. "Mhm. What are you cooking dear?" This cute nickname made him blush. He was glad that Lan zhan improved his speaking more than one word, "I'm just making noodles, go sit down"

Lan zhan inhaled Wei yings scent and left a small kiss on his neck, "but I miss you dear...", causing Wei Ying to giggle and blush even more, "I've missed you too, would you like to take a bath with me after dinner?"

Lan zhan's face flushed as he nodded. They've been together over a year yet they're both still head over toes to each other. Seriously get a room!

(Author: this chapter was way shorter! This story is almost coming to an end:) thank you all for your patience and support! They're finally together yay. Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter and hopefully the next one too as I plan for that one to be spicy hehe)

Words count: 701