|14|

Did- did he fail? To protect them..?

...

Jiang Cheng didn't express a word, rather he .. gotten Wei Ying and embraced him firmly, allowing his tears to fall as he talked delicately.

"You're a complete moron," he said. He was both angry and relieved as his breath jerked in between sentences. As much as he hated to admit it, he cared so much about Wei Ying that he wasn't sure what he'd do if he had passed away.

He finally gathered himself, saying, "Everyone is fine, Wei Ying.. thanks to you," clearing his throat in embarrassment as he withdrew from the embrace.

"Let's talk about that later" he turned to the shivering wen chao, "we have this thing with us. What should we do." Wei Ying'a eyes darken as unsettling memories flooded his head.

When Lan Wangji became aware of this, he didn't hesitate to move towards Wei Ying, holding his hand while softly rubbing it and whispering, "Calm down."

Wei ying smiles and his eyes expand before he says, "Thank you." He inhaled deeply and said, "Let's bring him to the other clans. From there, we can make a decision.

"That's a wonderful idea", Jiang Cheng nodded. Wen Chao repeated "stop" while backing away and hiding his face with his arms. He seemed to be absolutely terrified of Wei Ying. They loaded him into a wagon and drove back to the camp, where several of the other clans were already present, after tying him up just in case. None of them wanted to touch him at all.

[time skip, at the camp]

Jiang Yanli noticed them returning, her eyes sparkled as her eyes land on her brothers. Oh her precious brothers... tears immediately filled her eyes as she ran towards them. Her arms were opened as she hugged them tightly.

"Jiang cheng.. Wei wuxian.." her voice was gentle, her face expression says it all.

Both of them couldn't hold back their tears as they hugged their loving sister, feeling ashamed for making her worry. They couldn't utter a word out, all they could do was be in each others arm..

She filled them in with what they've missed on. But before anything else, she made sure they were both okay.

(Remember wei wuxian still has his golden core! Also jiang cheng)

With all the new information they just gotten, they were ready. Wei Ying cleared his throat. He and Jiang cheng walked into the meeting room. Where Lan Xichen, Jin Zixuan, Nie Mingjue, Lan Wangji, and Jin Zixun was already discussing matters. They all stopped and looked over at them, Jin Zixun was ready to lash out on Wei Ying but quickly shut his mouth when Wei ying shot him a death glare.

He fixed his composure and smiled, "Sorry we're late, we had matters to attend." He and Jiang cheng walked towards the table where a map was spread out.

"It's no problem wei wuxian." Nie mingjue spoke up, he quickly filled wei wuxian and jiang cheng in with the discussion.

"Any questions?"

...

Wei Ying finally broke the silence by saying, "No questions. Our current issue is figuring out what to do with Wen chao. Has there been a consensus yet?

"Yes," Nie Mingjue grinned. "We all came to a decision. He will be put to death in front of everyone." Jiang Cheng also spoke up before he could continue, "We, jiang clan would want to do the honors for putting his life to an end, for the damages he has caused. And for the destruction to lotus pier." Everyone in the room agreed.

Everyone then left the room and explained to the elders what the plan is. But Wei Ying didn't. He left for a more private location to calm his mind. His head was filling with memories, and he felt exhausted. The voices he kept hearing were actually his own, though.

"Do you believe that the decisions you are making will lead to the right path? Wei Wuxian?" Now that it was dark, Wei Ying was entirely alone in his thoughts. Quite dark. He did, however, become a little less agitated when he noticed the figure speaking.

"I know I am; I don't think." Wei Ying answered with assurance. Future Wei wuxian emerged from the shadows as the figure stepped out. Wei Ying was aware that this was all an illusion, but they were still able to communicate and comprehend one another as if they were both present at the same moment.

The other Wei Ying remained silent and only slightly lowered his head. Before adding, "let's hope that you.. well, we, don't make the same mistakes." He then vanished with that.

Before Wei Ying could act, he felt a hand on his shoulders as he regained consciousness. When he turned around, Lan Zhan was there. He greeted him with a smile.

"Lan zhan."

..

"Wei Ying."

They both kept their gazes fixed on each other, not wanting to sabotage the moment. Their need to simply hug one another was pretty strong as their hearts were racing. They both understood they shouldn't, though. Not yet, at least.

Before Lan zhan could let a word slip out his mouth, Wei Ying interrupted.

"Lan Zhan. Let's go meet up with the others."

With so much he wanted to say to Wei Ying, Wangji could only gaze at the man. It appeared as though something was preventing him from speaking, though. He pursed his lips to control himself, nodded, and then walked out first.

Wei Ying observed the man. His smile soon diminished as he caught up to him. They both proceeded to the area where Wen chao was restrained in the middle of the camp. Everyone chanted, "Down with the Wens!" in unison.

...

The elders of each clan then gave a brief address. Finally, the Jiang clan put an end to Wen Chao. And soon, a much bigger war will be waiting for them.

[Time skip]

"Lan Wangji? You're still up at this hour?" Wei Ying was taken aback when he noticed Lan wangji outside of his tent. He was naturally surprised to see him there given how late it was. He was swiftly dragged inside by Wei Ying, who then faced him. He sighed heavily and asked, "What's so important that you can't wait until tomorrow morning to tell me?"

.. Lan wangji didn't utter a word.

.......

It was completely silent. Too silent. This made him uncomfortable.

"Lan Zhan..? Are you there? Earth to Lan Wangji"

Lan wangji suddenly held wei yings hand, "Wei Ying."

Their faces were both blazing crimson. Wangji murmured, "Wei Ying.." once again. He seemed melancholy, but he couldn't put his finger on why. He couldn't quite comprehend Wei Ying, though, for some reason.

"I'm sorry."

Author: HELLOOO! It's been a while yeah? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Hehe cliff hanger becauseeeee I say so>:) what do you think will happen between the two of them??! Stay tuned!
Words count: 1157 words