Apartment For Sale

They finished up in the shower. The water washed all of the blue paint away, and then they put towels on. "Our clothes are in the room, damn it" Cates shook her head. "There aren't any students here, we could just walk to the class in our towels" Y/N suggested.

Cate nodded her head. "That's true and I do have access to the cameras, I can just delete the footage" Cate laughed. "See, there you go!" Y/N gestured wildly. "Not even 48 hours being in contact with you, and I'm already breaking the rules and doing unethical things" Cate teased, smirking at Y/N.

"I'm the bad influence huh?" Y/N challenged. "Shut up" Cate rolled her eyes and began walking away, Y/N followed. Y/N always followed. "So, that chain...." Y/N tried to make conversation about it. "Yeah?" Cate looked at her, with an eyebrow cocked.

"It's... new. It's nice, I like it" Y/N cleared her throat. Cate just smirked at her. "Thank you" she brushed her fingers through her wet hair. "You're welcome" Y/N said back nervously. Cate laughed.

"What?" Y/N asked. Cate laughed even harder when she asked that. "What??"
Y/N was so confused. Cate lost it at this point. "What the hell is so funny?" Y/N started laughing as well. "Nothing. Honestly, nothing... just" Cate started laughing again. She finally started composing herself.

"Nothing. It's not... just, this... I don't know" Cate looked down. "What about this?" Y/N looked down. "Just... I don't know. The space I guess... the weirdness. It's just... I don't know it's... it's..." Cate looked for the words.

"It's funny" Y/N scoffed, smiling up at Cate. "Yeah... it is. I... I never expected to share pleasantries with you. I guess that's what's funny... I don't know" Cate shook her head. "This thing... this weirdness...Do you think it'll go away?" Y/N asked, looking down.

Cate was silent for a moment. "I think so... Once we establish a new kind of flow" Cate smiled at her. "Yeah... yeah, I think so too" Y/N smiled back. "It's hard, isn't it?" Cate asked. "Yeah, it is. It's very hard" she agreed.

"I think...I think if we're willing to talk about these things though, it'll go away. Right? The awkwardness... it comes from the lack of words, the unspoken... so, it has to stop... right?" Cate said.

"I hope it does. Out of all the people... I don't want things to be awkward with you.... Not you" Y/N looked up at Cate, who was already looking at her.

"Yeah, I think we'll be okay..." Cate smirked, sweetly at Y/N. Y/N hummed in agreement. They then made their way back to the class and got changed into their clothes.

"Let's go get you an apartment!!" Cate announced. So, they got into Cates car and they went off. By the end of the day, they looked at four different apartments and the outside of 2.

"I'm beat!!!" Cate announced after looking at the last apartment. "Me too!" Y/N plopped into the seat next to Cate in the car. "So, which one are you getting?" Cate asked, wide eyed. "You'll be mad"
Y/N laughed. "Why the hell would I be mad?" Cate laughed at the preposterous statement.

   "The... first one" Y/N winced, waiting for Cate to explode because she dragged her around all day, and made her look at so many apartments after she painted her classroom. She opened her eyes and looked at Cate who was smiling. "Wow... you must be really mad" Y/N laughed.

   "You know, I'm not. I'm happy you chose the first one" Cate admitted.  "You are?!?" Y/N looked at her wide eyed. "Yes, I could see you in it" Cate added. "It suits you" she continued. "Yeah?" Y/N asked, pleasantly surprised.

   "I thought you'd be mad because I drug you around all day" Y/N joked. "Why would I be mad about that?" Cate asked seriously. "I don't know... Because it was a waste of time... because I took up your whole day and it was unproductive?" She went on.

   "Unproductive? You found an apartment! As for the rest, I hope you know it's never a chore... spending time with you. You're forgetting, I like doing that" Cate elbowed her playfully.

   "Yeah... I suppose I did... forget" Y/N looked down. There was another awkward silence. "I'm sorry" Cate said timidly. "Sorry?!? What do you have to be sorry for?!?" Y/N asked, with concern.

   "I'm sorry things are weird. I'm sorry you don't know how much I love you..." Cate said, finally. "How much you..love me?" Y/N asked in disbelief. "Yes, don't be dense. Of course I love you, Y/N. That kind of love doesn't just go away... therefore, I'll always love spending time with you. Today has been.... Incredible... and confusing" Cate said finally.

   "Confusing?" Y/N asked. "Yes, I'm supposed to be thinking friendly thoughts about you. Supposed to be "doing you a favor" by helping you search for an apartment but really.... I haven't had a single friendly thought all day" Cate looked down.

   "Oh... I'm sorry then" Y/N said, looking down. "For what??" Cate asked. "For making you hate me" Y/N shook her head, a tear falling down. Cate leaned in and wiped her tear. "I think you are misunderstanding" Cate said.

   Y/N sniffled and looked up at her. "I haven't had a single friendly thought... meaning, I haven't stopped thinking about fucking you or... kissing you all day" Cate said, pupils dilated. "Oh... I see" Y/N felt the gravity, pulling her lips closer to Cates. "You're not alone" Y/N admitted.

   "No?" Cate smiled. "No... it's been on my mind heavily too... your body, mine... getting lost in you" Y/N smiled. "I guess we're a fine pair huh?" Cate laughed.

   "We can't, though" Cate said softly. "Which is why we can't see each other" Cate added. Y/N looked at her, hurt but understanding. "It's too hard... keeping my hands off you" Cate said, barely holding back.

    "I understand" Y/N said softly, feeling it too. "But... for old times sake...." Cate said, giving in. "Let's just forget about the future ahead of us and let's focus on this" Cate said, her lips centimeters from
Y/N's. "Take me home" Y/N said.