The Right Time

2 month's later

Y/N and Cate had just celebrated because Y/N got a new job. She got a job at the school a county over. It was still only about 15 minutes from her apartment and 25 or so away from Cate's (whose house she was at more than her own lately). They were sad they couldn't work together anymore but happy they didn't have to keep it a secret any longer.

They went out to celebrate with their family. Cate, Y/N, Y/N's parents, Ash and Lena. All the important people in their life. Cate used Y/N getting a job as an excuse to take her out with all the close people in their life. Cate... had other plans though that Y/N did not know about.

That's right... Cate was going to ask Y/N to marry her. Cate knew she had to do it quick if she was going to ask because Y/N had been saying little thing's like she was going to pop the question in the near future. Cate wanted to do it though!!! So, she had to do it soon!

When she found out Y/N got a new job, she hatched a plan. They went to a nice restaurant, then after Cate was going to take Y/N for a walk on the beach. Their family was going to be a little ways up, so they could see and Cate hired a photographer to hide and take photos of it. She had it all planned out.

Then... Y/N got food poisoning. They were walking on the beach and Y/N threw up everywhere. She had to take her home and call the whole thing off. It was a disaster. They went home (to Cate's) and Cate held Y/N's hair back while she threw up. She cuddled with her, and took care of her for 2 days.

On the third day, Y/N was feeling a bit better. Cate woke her up and she smiled widely at her. "Looks like someone is starting to feel better" Cate smiled back. "Well, I'm with you... So how could I not?" Y/N kissed Cate's hand.

Cate just smiled lovingly at her. She just wanted her to be her fiancé already. Cate hadn't figured out a new plan for a proposal yet though. She was still wracking her brain for the perfect idea. "We should go for a walk" Y/N said.

"Oh, you're feeling up for that?" Cate smiled at her. She was excited Y/N was feeling better. "I think so... I've been inside for a while. It'd be nice to get out!" Y/N said. "Well then, you've got it!" Cate said. What Cate didn't know is that Y/N had a ring in her coat pocket.

Y/N was going to propose to Cate on the walk. As you guessed it though, Cate threw up before they were able to take the walk. She had gotten the stomach bug from Y/N. Y/N held back her hair, as Cate threw up. "I'm sorry, you really wanted to go on that walk" Cate pouted.

"Oh my goodness sweetie, it's fine. Come on, let's get into bed." Y/N said. Cate just nodded. Cate brushed her teeth and they both got into bed. "Want to watch a movie?" Y/N asked. "Sure sweetheart" Cate Said, half out of it. "Whatever you'd like" She added. "I think I'm going to sleep for a moment" she said.

Y/N put on one of her comfort movies. She put on The Proposal. "Oh, is this the one with Sandra Bullock in it?" Cate asked, half out of it. "I thought you were going to sleep" Y/N smirked. Cate just smiled at her. "Well now you've gone and put my crush on the screen so..." Cate shrugged. Y/N just laughed.

She knew Cate had a thing for Sandra Bullock. She thought maybe this movie would cheer her up or bring her some comfort while she felt bad. Cate didn't fall asleep through it. She stayed up, watching with Y/N. Then she was acutely aware of what was on both of their minds.

The movie... the subject. They both got tense. Cate looked at Y/N and Y/N looked at her. "I'll be right back" Cate said. "No no, let me get whatever it is" Y/N wanted to wait on Cate like she did her. "No, it's okay... I can do it on my own" Cate smiled nervously.

Y/N just looked at her strange. Cate hurried up and ran to the dining room where her jacket was hung up. Y/N chased her. "What are you doing?" Y/N asked. "What are you doing?" Cate asked back. "I need my jacket" Y/N said. "I need my jacket" Cate said.