Chapter 21

PENNY. ( two hours after killing the rogues)

We are at the pack hospital waiting to hear more about Lyndon. They took him in to theatre about two hours ago, and we haven't heard anything yet. Hayley is sitting next to Kaleb sobbing, he has his arm around her, trying to comfort her. I can't sit still so I am walking up and down the corridor.

Finally a doctor comes out and approaches me.

" Are you Lyndons next of kin?" Francis asks.

" Yes you know I am Francis. Now why the formalities towards me?" I ask her

" Well it looks as though Lyndon needs a kidney donated to survive . Both his kidneys aren't doing well. So we need to see if your a match or your uncle and aunt are a match. If one of you are a match , then I would ask if you could donate a kidney, so Lyndon can live. " Francis says

I look at her trying to talk in what she is saying. Of course I would donate a kidney to help save my brother no questions needed.

" Where do I get tested and how long will it take? " I ask

" It won't take long we should know pretty quickly from your blood. It would usually take two weeks, but we don't have that amount of time on our hands" Francis informs me.

" Ok let's do this" I say

Francis gestures for me to follow her to a near by room. There is a nurse in there preparing to take my blood. The nurse gives me forms to fill out so they can do the testing, and make sure that there isn't anything wrong with me. I jane the forms back when I am finished and wait for her to take my blood.

Francis walks back in she had to talk to my aunt and uncle about the testing. She sits down and sighs heavily,like she has some bad news to tell me. Please let Lyndon be ok.

" Ok so I just got told some information about you and Lyndon from your aunt and uncle. They wanted me to tell you, because they thought it would sound better from me ok" Francis says

" Ok spill doc I don't got all day" I said

She takes a deep breath and says " You lived with your grandparents in Alaska, because you were told your parents were dead. Well there not dead in fact they are really close by. So if your testing and your uncle since he is your blood relative aren't compatible then we will have to try your parents ok. You ok Penny you looking a bit pale honey. "

" It's um. It's um a lot to in. Did you say my parents a still alive and have been our whole lives." I say while the nurse is drawing blood. She finishes then walks out of the room.

" Yes honey. Your uncle Clint said your dad didn't know about you guys, but Clint kept tabs on you two to make sure you both were doing good. " She answers me

" How did my uncle know about us?" I ask Francis .

" Honey I think you need to talk to your uncle Clint ok" she rubs my shoulder then gets up.

" I will go check on the results. Hopefully they should be ready real soon ok" Francis says

I nod my head and watch her walk out of the room. I take a deep breath and close my eyes, still trying to believe what I just heard. My parents are alive . My parents are alive. I can't stop repeating that sentence. I look up because I heard someone enter the room.

It's Francis wow that was quick. Then I look at the clock and a hour has passed by. I must of been thinking the whole time .

" Penny I have some news. You and Clint aren't compatible I'm sorry we are going to try and have to find someone else within the next twenty four hours, or we will lose Lyndon . " Francis while looking at me sadly.