Chapter 2

" What is John ok" my mum asks.

" He will be, he is with Francis" he exclaims

Francis is our Packs doctor she is a awesome lady and Johns mate. So he is in good hands

What I don't understand is why the Jackal pack has attacked our beta in our territory, I thought we had a truce with them I must be wrong. I can't be wrong there Alpha James is a really good guy who keeps to his word. So I wonder what happened.

" Holy shit dad why did they attack John " asks Kaleb

" Language Kaleb " scowls our mum

" Sorry mum " he says

" Ok you three off too school" mum says

We do not argue with mum we grab our coats and head outside to wait for the bus..

" Man I can't wait until our 18th birthday next week, cause dad promised us all a car each, he better keep to his word " Kaleb says

" When have you ever known dad not to keep his word " I answer him

We stand in silence until the bus comes.

" Finally Dave your 15 minutes late " i warn him

" Sorry Hayley, now shut up and sit down " he snaps at me

I sit down next to Karla and slump down .

" Hi Karla how are you going? " Karla says to me sarcastically

" I'm great thank you Hayley thanks for asking" she giggles

" Sorry Karla I'm just a bit bummed about John, and really confused to why he was attacked by the Jackal Pack on our territory. " I exclaim

" I know Dad is going to be ok Hayley I saw him before I came to school, He made me still come so he is fine as? she says

We both put our Ipods on and listen to music and just watch the scenery go by. Our group of friends join us with 15 minutes left of our trip to Rocks Springs high school. We are seniors and graduate in ones months time. I can't wait school has been uneventful for me, nothing much happens nothing exciting. Don't get me wrong I love my friends and we do have heaps of fun, but I have never had a boyfriend, I've been kissed once but my other best friend Tyler when we were 12 doesn't count at all. I daydream about meeting my mate everyday. Ronald is lucky he has had his mate since he was 16, her name is Sarah McIntosh. They met at a party and have been together ever since and will always be together. Sarah is the nicest girl you could ever meet, unlike Kaleb's bitch of a girlfriend Dana Murphy, she isn't Kaleb's mate thank the skies for that.. I can not wait until he finds his mate and see Dana's face when he does Dana will go mental she doesn't know what we are.. Dana is a human unlike Sarah who is a wolf too and in our pack Ronald just didn't know it. Our pack is huge we don't know everyone we just know by scent if they belong to the Caine pack.

All of my friends are wolves I don't like hanging with humans much to emotional and clingy. Kaleb and Ronald have the same group of friends but only two human friends Dana is one duh and Chris he is probably the only human I like.

So my friends and I get off the bus and head into school. We go to our lockers get the books we need and just start chatting while waiting for the bell to ring.

" So" Tyler says while walking up to us.He doesn't catch the bus he has his own car lucky duck, and so will I next week. FYI we are loaded but dad won't let us get a car until we were 18 cause he couldn't get a car until he was 18 thanks Granddad .

" So " Tyler repeats

" Did anyone see that sweet ride in the car park, the red mustang. Gave me a instant hard on" he says laughing.

Karla hits him on the shoulder, but he just adjusts himself and keeps laughing.

" No I didn't see that " exclaims Pete

" I will be right back " he says while running out the front doors . Pete does love his cars.

The bell rings and we head of to class.I have English first which is fine I like English my teacher is ok Mrs Adams.

I start to daydream about what my mate would look like, when I smell a lovely scent that has wafted into the room. I look up and see this beautiful girl walk in and she looks right at me. Shit what my mate is a girl. Crap.