Chapter 4- The Dry Kingdom: Carutimu

The light of day blinded both of them on the other side of the portal. They had somehow arrived at another place by crossing it. But immediately, they also began to notice the hot sun above them, which was even suffocating. Alex could then observe, impressed, how not only was it day there—in contrast to the rainy night they were in before—and it was immensely hot, but he also saw the disastrous and desolate panorama that surrounded them, composed only of what which must have been miles and miles of dry land. It had gotten to the point that even here there were large separations of land that seemed quite dangerous.

"I can't believe it!" He shouted furiously and full of indignation "That motherfucker has sent us to the lands that are furthest from Barlobi!"

Alex, who was oblivious to all this, could not understand anything of what this meant.

"And where are we then?" He asked with concern.

"In Carutimu" He answered, but he was just as lost as was.

Before even giving him the chance to ask again, the other guy reached into his wide sleeves and pulled out a large handkerchief, then began to take off his clothes. He stood dumbfounded, watching as the upper part of it fell over his soft shoulders, as did the lower part, which did so suddenly when he untied the tie that kept it attached to his waist.

"But... what are you staring at so intently, pervert?" He accused him, offended, realizing that he was being watched by him.

Immediately, he looked away, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry!" he rushed "But you're the one who started taking off your clothes out of nowhere."

"Of course, idiot," he throw suddenly tied up some of the clothes the man had given him, "to change into."

Already dressed—in what looked like a kind of dark poncho with a hood and pants of the same type of fabric, accompanied by some boots—he wrapped his previous clothes in the handkerchief he had taken out and turned it around to tie it later in front of his chest, passing one end over your shoulder and under the other arm, crossed.

"Okey..." he began, and smiled big. "Be very careful, and have a good trip, muscleboy." He turned around and prepared to leave, leaving a certain person paralyzed by shock.

"H-what a good trip..." he could barely say.

He had crossed that portal without thinking much about it, but he got there thanks to him and his encounter in the last two days, so, if he won't go with him, what was he doing there alone, in a place that he wasn't even sure it could exist?

"Huh?" He addressed him again "It was you who, with your own feet, crossed that portal until here, I never forced you to come" he clarified cruelly and approached him, holding his shoulders, looking him up and down, mocking "Besides, I see you very strong, I'm sure you can handle it on your own, Mr. Muscles."

That type of look reminded him that that had been the objective for which he changed his physique in his adolescence, the result of the complex he suffered due to his tall and thin body. Now, however, it bothered him, because his mockery, in addition to everything that had happened hours ago, made him feel in some way the same way as he did back then, and even more so, after working for long years on his self-esteem.

"Stop calling me that once and for all, call me Alex," he demanded seriously. "You must be old now, why do you act like a child with me?"

Far from angering him, his comment made him doubt.

"Actually...I don't know..." he confessed "...I was twenty-two in human age the last time, and I don't know how much time has passed since then. For me, it's like it was yesterday..."