Chapter 8- Palainibu: The Kingdom of Eternal Rain

After that night, his body had rested enough to head back to his unfortunate destiny, but not Alex's body. And much less his mind, which had spent the entire night turning over his entire conversation with Yuki. That boy had told him the truth about the powers, souls and hearts of magical creatures, which made him realize how he had lied to him inside the clay woman. He felt a bit disappointed about it, because at the time he told him his theory so he could kill her by aiming for her heart, it was never a theory for him. And yet he hesitated, and this seemed curious to him. Alex knew perfectly well that there was no way he would doubt if killing her heart would end her. But not that he doubts himself, since it was not the first time that Alex had noticed and Yuki shown how proud he was, and how obvious it was to him how much he hated looking weak in front of others. Which could be related to his distrust. Therefore, although he felt disappointed, he also understood, even though this made it difficult for Alex to understand everything they would face.

After hours of walking in silence and immersed in his thoughts about Yuki—which completely distracted him in that perpetual silence that he had imposed again since the night—his body ended up giving up under that burning sun and the feeling of heaviness in his legs.

"What do you think you're doing? he grumbled. "Walk."

The order issued by Yuki angered Alex. That guy could not even imagine the fatigue to which his body was being subjected after those two eternal days. Because he wasn't some creature with powers that made him recover like the other boy did. Even if he healed easily enough from his own wounds for a human, he could never do that crazy thing that Yuki had done with her hands, and later with his own body. With fatigue it was the same, maybe for Yuki one night of rest was enough to walk another three days, but for Alex, it was driving him to collapse.

"What good is so much muscle if you can't even walk for a while afterward?" He added without hesitation.

The return to his physical appearance that bothered his so much that it was mentioned, added to his lack of sensitivity that he often showed, made one of the veins in his neck swell. He didn't know if that was something he did on purpose, or if it was some form of complex and/or if his incomprehensible hatred of his weakness was not just for himself, but for everyone else as well.

"Should I remind you that I'm a simple hu-man?" He emphasized syllable by syllable, beginning to show a harder tone.

He clicked his tongue in disbelief.

"I don't know whether to believe that after everything that's happened, would you?" He commented, speaking more to himself than to him.

The blue-eyed guy let him know without a doubt where a large part of his suspicion towards him came from, and it was logical: Who wouldn't distrust someone who only seemed to never stop lying to his face about what he knew?

He spoke the language of a world whose existence was unknown to him; he spoke Japanese without knowing it; and he could enter to a world that humans could not even imagine.

With this, the thoughts that must have been going through his head were quite obvious. No doubt he had the word "suspect" written on his forehead, for him. But it was something that he himself didn't know how to clarify, because he didn't even understand it, no matter how strange it might seem.

On the other hand, he knew perfectly well that he was in good physical condition. Without a doubt he was a strong boy, and this was something that could be seen with the naked eye in his toned arms, legs and torso, added to his height, which made a greater impression next to them.

But there, in that place, he was not at all.

He totally doubted that in any corner of that world there was someone he could defeat with punches; He was literally like a zero on the left.