Chapter 11- A Big Mistake and a Big Apology

The dark hallway made its way before his eyes through that place that kept him on total alert, accelerating his steps, eager to find him as soon as possible. It took him a few long minutes to cross the threshold of a large hole at the end of the corridor, and after this, he was able to locate the guy, crouching with his back towards him. As he approached, he could see how he was trying to keep his breathing, still quite disturbed.

It hurt him to see him that way, but it hurt him more to just imagine what had happened to provoke such a reaction in him.

"Yuki, I'm sorry..." he approached his hand little by little, without touching him "If I have done something that..."

"Yeah!" he shouted as he stood up and pushed his hand away harshly. "Stop being like that with me," he asked desperately. "Stop trying to get close to me, of being so kind to me, of trying to understand and worry about me, of helping me..." he let him know completely agitated "I hate it! So stop ...!"

He had left him without words in mouth in a matter of seconds, but with a bitter taste that made him difficult to swallow. Alex didn't expect that reaction either, and this time he didn't even know what to say about it. He never intended to make him feel that way, but he felt a little guilty, because in the end, during those days, he had little by little brushed against the rope of his limits until he finally broke it. His chest hurt greatly knowing how he had been making him suffer through his actions.

He wanted, from the depths, to feel close to him; he recognized it. Wanted to know everything he could about him, about his past; he recognized it. He felt a strong physical attraction; he recognized it. He wanted to take care of him and help him as much as he could; he recognized it too.

Therefore, although a part of his being screamed at him as irresponsible and selfish for ending up crossing his limits - ones that he made clear from the beginning - he could not deny at any time that he had always acted by letting himself be carried away by what he I really wanted to do. With all the sincerity with which he was capable of showing, despite the final outcome.

He reached out for his hand again on instinct, and before he could reach it, the sudden impact of a thick substance on his cheek stopped him, jolting him. Which made them look at its origin at the same time.

Their impatient eyes turned horrified, aghast at the scene that opened their way before them. A feeling of discomfort ran through Alex's body from his stomach to his throat, through which he was very close to expelling whatever was left inside him. The further his gaze extended into the distance across that ceiling, the more it intensified. The drops continued to fall on his head, unable to avoid them, sliding down the girl's youthful face to her arm and ending up on him. He didn't know where it came from exactly, but he preferred to see that girl, hanging upside down by her feet from the ceiling, who still had all the parts of her intact. However, although he preferred it, it was inevitable given the curiosity that surrounded him.

The hundreds of bodies around him, hanging from different places, had not suffered the same fate.

Many of them had been mutilated. Some had their legs torn off, others their arms, and many of them even their heads. But there was something that everyone kept and that Alex had understood why only that part was still there, unharmed.

What great motherfucker. How horrible, he thought.

"Torn off" Without a doubt, it was the best word to express how those members should have been removed from their place. The remains of bites that had been left on the ends of the torso to which they were once attached, remaining in that hole being eaten over and over again, left behind them the image of a horror movie, which he would never like to experience. Despite this, he was unable to take gaze off the bodies, from their faces—those that still had and were not missing some part—submerged in agony and pain. He looked at their eyes, they were all closed, but his features were so expressive that he didn't need to see them.