Chapter 9- The Power of Palainibu

A soft voice resounded in his ears, getting closer.

"Honey, are you listening to me?" She called out to him once more, insistently, which made him wake up with a start.

With his heart racing and his eyes wide open, the boy who had been walking through a magical world and fleeing from magical beings who were about to kill him on several occasions, was sitting again in front of his parents. In the same way that that morning a few days ago he had been having breakfast with them. They both looked at him worried about his mental absence after calling him several times without receiving a response.

Puzzled and not knowing what to say, he made to speak, but he didn't have time to do it.

"What's wrong, my son?" He approached, with a serious and severe tone "Have you been so focused on your studies that you can't even think clearly?" He said suggestively.

The tint in the tone of his voice began to make him nervous, confusing his senses. He heard his voice, his footsteps, the noise of the cars passing in front of the house, but they all echoed in his head and in his ears, clouding his vision. Every time he looked at his face, his expressions changed; Smiled, got angry, were sad... he could see all the facets of him changing one after another the few times his eyes could see with any clarity.

"I don't understand what..." he tried to clarify.

"What don't you understand, you piece of shit?!" Se shouted in a tone he had never heard from his mother in words he would never expect to hear from her mouth.

Alex tried to lift his head, but it was his father who got up and did it for him. He grabbed his brown hair tightly and forced him to look directly into his eyes.

"A disappointing, lying piece of shit who doesn't have enough courage to tell the truth, can't be called anyone's son," he pronounced bluntly, pressing directly into his chest. "Did you think we're so stupid not to?find out how you dared to throw all our efforts away doing what you want and not what you should!?" He pushed him violently from the chair to his side.

He got up immediately.

"Dad, I never wanted..." he tried to explain, desperate at being caught by him, only receiving a slap from him.

That hurt. It hurt a lot more than he had imagined it would. He had prepared countless times for this occasion, he had put together entire monologues about it, he had contemplated all the possible scenarios that his head could create to mentally prepare for it, all for nothing.

His mother quickly approached him and knocked him down with all her strength, bringing her face closer, which had begun to deform in a horrible and almost unrecognizable way.

"Bad boys deserve the worst punishment, don't you think?" She said, deforming not only her face but also her voice. Coming out of the corners of her mouth and the tear ducts of her eyes were innumerable tiny spiders like ants one after another, impregnating and completely covering the human figure of what a few minutes ago had been his mother.

Alex's screams were heard non-stop, desperate and scared. He felt guilty, regretful and terrified, feeling like his body, even if he wasn't being restrained, he couldn't move. Only he could observe through tears and begging for to stop all that, for the reproaches and the spiders that fell and climbed all over his body to almost cover him.

"Please, stop it, I'm sorry!" He begged "Please..." he uttered once more, his voice breaking, before the spider-covered fist slammed his head into the ground, breaking it and going through it.

He toched again at his head, which was whole again despite having been crushed just a few moments ago. He could still remember the sound his skull had made breaking into pieces.