Charper 10- Desire

The walk back through that forest felt much longer on the way out than Alex had felt on the way in. Above all, because of the silence that reigned in it, given not only by Yuki, but by the place itself. No danger had appeared before them again, and that caused him greater fear. In addition to reminding him how they had spent several days fleeing without stopping, and how now he could to stop and listen to the roar that his own gut was emitting. He had then noticed how he had gone several days without eating, but his stomach was not in as bad a state as it really should be. He felt superhuman about it, since the physical ability he was demonstrating was illogical, which gave Yuki more reasons to think that the boy was not what he said he was, and that he was lying to him, even if it wasn't true.

In this way, lost in his thoughts while he stared at the footprints that the other boy left when he stepped, the sound of the immense rain reached his ears again, signaling how close they were to the exit.

He was completely unaware of Yuki's plan that would that was hovering around that head of blonde hair, just as it had been since they met. He walked and Alex followed him, faithful as a dog. He just could follow and concentrate his senses on everything around him, which was an absolute success. He had been in the woods many times since he was a child looking for more animals to draw, and he had practiced many times concentrating on guessing what animal it was by the sound of its movements. Something that he had developed very slowly but that had led him to guessed correctly eighty percent of the time. However, the movement of that thing was nothing like any similar animal in the human world, which made his hair stand on end. What he could notice was that it was, like others he had already encountered, huge. He felt how it was moving slowly behind them, among the trees, but he was sure it was big because the sound that the leaves emitted covered a lot of ground, which a medium or small animal would not produce. This made him wonder if he should let the other boy know, since perhaps it was stupid and he himself had already realized it a while ago.

But Yuki's calmness about it and the sound of those leaves getting closer and closer to them, he began to miss it.

Was Yuki really aware of the presence that stalked them? He asked himself.

But he didn't need an answer, he knew it immediately. The enormous being that he had sensed it would be, shot out of the darkness towards both boys. So he pulled Yuki's arm to force him to run, seeing how his reaction was so slow that he was sure he hadn't heard him all that time.

In the few seconds in which it had crossed the grove, His eyes had witnessed the metamorphosis from a semi-human figure to a kind of quadrupedal mammal with large, sharp teeth.

His instinct had been to flee, but the being behind them was so fast that it had to be Yuki who dragged him. With this speed, they soon found themselves in the cold and rain, which was even more unpleasant reaching the speed at which the guy's legs were capable of running. And that his could barely reach the wet ground.

He couldn't hear anything, and he couldn't see anything, he just felt the aggressive crash of the rain on his body until he stopped suddenly, letting go.

"Shit!" He exclaimed through his teeth.

From the ground where Alex had fallen, he saw the blonde hair sticking out of the rocks that he was trying to climb back up. He approached immediately, nervous, because not being able to see further than a few meters, he could not guess how far away the beast was from them. As quickly as he could, he approached and extended his hand to his aid, hoping to be able to pick him up and leave immediately. He could see at that moment that they were at the rocky edge of a cliff, which, together with the storm water, became slippery and made it difficult for Yuki to climb them.

Alex was clear, he was on his last legs.

He had run nonstop for just a few minutes, but he was sure they had covered miles in that time.