Chapter 15- Calm after the storm

The water that he heard falling in abundance from Yuki's large sleeves was what awakened Alex's conscience. Seeing that boy - always offering views that it was impossible for him to resist - wringing his soaked clothes in which he couldn't last much longer before beginning to remove them from his damp skin - leaving it a little exposed - and combing his hair looking back, it made him think again of that thought that had passed through his mind the previous time: "How could he look so good in that way, so sexy, without even realizing it?"

The dry cough and blood he expelled again took charge of giving him a slap to help snap him out of his fantasies once more. He looked around him again, also realizing that he must have been unconscious for a while, if that girl was already mashing in a stone mortar what he imagined it must be his future cure.

He tried to get up slowly, but seeing that he couldn't, he just leaned on his elbows.

"Ah!" "She exclaimed, her looking up and seeing him awake, "Thank goodness, I thought you wouldn't make it!"

Alex doubted whether she was letting herself be carried away more by joy or surprise.

She poured water over the mortar and stirred it, offering it to him later.

The nauseating smell reached his nostrils.

"What are you waiting for, idiot!" He shook the top of the kimono that he had already taken off, and threw it over one of his shoulders "We haven't gone through so much trouble for you to put that face on the only thing that is going to save your life."

There he went again, he thought.

He sighed difficulty and heavily.

"Sorry if it smells so bad, that it would be capable of raising the dead from their graves.

"Great," he smiled, nodding his head as he faked a smile. "Well, if you don't hurry, we can check your theory."

A grimace of disgust escaped his mouth, not only because of the drink under his nose.

"Holy hell " he said, full of annoyance to himself. "Everything that he has of sexy, has it of rough too.."

"What have you said?" He wanted to know, totally seriously, because he had pronounced it in his language.

His gaze went to that of the vampiress, who looked at him with her eyebrows raised, understanding his gaze, so he quickly diverted his eyes back to the thick coppery-orange liquid. He drank it in one sitting, surprised by the sweet taste of it that cleared away the wrinkles on his face from previous disgust.

"Thank you very much..." he thought for a moment, because he still had not asked for her name even after having shared a near-death experience with her.

"Maria. My name is Maria."

Before he could say anything else, he dropped the mortar with the remains of the concoction in surprise.

"Alex!" A feminine and childish voice shouted, before seeing the person from whom came throw on top of her body, which was still tired. "You don't know how glad I am that you're okay!"

She hugged his torso tightly. Felt like was a little short of breath from the pressure it exerted. Her appearance, short stature, thin and with a boyish face, gave off happy vibes.

"Who...?" he tried to say what everyone was thinking.

This one she immediately took off, showing an expression of disgust, about to release a few tears from those cat eyes.

"Oh? How can you be so cruel? "She reproached him, crossing her arms, kneeling next to him with her indignant gaze on the ground, "It's me, of course. Chuck!"