Southend

I always went to Southend when I was younger, we went on the rides and we walked along the beach, it was amazing. However, this time I went it was to get to America, me, Jasmine, Sid, Peter and Gareth all agreed that it would be safer to go to France by boat and then travel through Europe and Asia and then go to America that way.
I know what you're thinking, why didn't we go to the west, America was only across the ocean, well, the reason we didn't do that was because the whole East side of America is occupied by G.E.A.R, we would've never made it through alive.
Also, you might be wondering why we didn't go through the Dartford Tunnel to get to France, well, again, the place had been taken over by G.E.A.R, they would've killed us on the spot.
So we arrived at Southend, it was a relatively easy drive as most of the motorways were empty and no one from G.E.A.R was around. We had a few close scrapes but we survived and made it.
When we got there we noticed that there were a few cars around, and when we could see the seafront, we saw loads of boats, there must've been about 20. We could see people getting on to them, I looked over to one of the bigger boats and saw a sign, I grabbed a pair binoculars out of my backpack and looked at the sign, it read 'Evacuation boat trips to France' and then below that it read 'Runaway plan'
"Right, we've got to get on one of those boats," I said to them.
"Why?" Sid asked me.
"Because they're evacuation boats to France, it looks like people had the same idea as us!" I replied.