Memories

I made it to the top of the stairs, I looked down at the others and they were a few floors lower than me. I rushed because I needed to prepare, they didn't know what I was doing, but I did.

When they finally caught up to me, Sid asked, "What are we doing here? We can't stay for the night it's like 3.00pm. It will waste our time,"
I looked at him sternly and he quickly looked at the floor. "I know what I'm doing," I replied.

We walked past a few doors and we stopped at number 13,
"Unlucky 13!" Gareth said.
"Not unlucky for Blaize, it's his magic number!" Peter told him. I nodded in reply.
I got a key out of my pocket and put it into the lock,
"Where did you get that from?" Sid asked me.
I didn't reply and instead I turned the key and the door opened.

I slowly stepped inside and the guys followed me, there was a light switch on the wall and because the windows were blocked up I turned on the lights.

The room then became very clear, there was sofas and a very old Television, it must of been from about the beginning of the 2000's. Okay it wasn't that old but still! There was also a kitchen, it had a sink and an oven and a microwave and cupboards, it was basically a regular kitchen. There were two other doors and I presumed that they were a bathroom/toilet and a bedroom. I stepped in and walked around the place, staring at it all.
"So what is this place?" Sid asked me. I sighed, took a deep breath and looked at them all.
They were all in a line, staring at me, all four of them. Sid then Peter then Jasmine then Gareth.
They looked blankly at me for about a minute until I eventually started talking.
"This place, is where... My parents stayed. When they... Died. And yours Jasmine, my mother sent me a letter explaining where she was just in case I ever needed her. I was in France at the time but on the other side of the country. I treasured that letter. And she said she'd send me another one in a few days. But I never got one. I didn't know what happened until I got back to England.
That's the whole reason we came to France, not to travel across Europe and Asia, not because it's safer, but because I needed to come here. I couldn't not see this place, if we didn't come here I may never of seen it. Look" I pointed at a picture "The picture of me, Jasmine and our parents. Because they died they never returned the keys and this place just rotted away. So that's why we came here and that's what this place is, the last piece of them I have," I looked at the floor and walked into the bedroom "I'm sorry" I muttered so they could hear.