Day 157

Today's weather was a bit cloudy as the finals of the competition were soon to begin. We ate breakfast together, starting with Jadar Wyvern steak.

The Royal Court's cook was introduced to us by the Tomboy Princess and did the cooking for us. It was emitting a fragrant smell and was amazing to start the meal. The way he cooked it turned the meat into butter before my knife. After eating several portions:

【Ability learned: Wyvern's Roar】

While being taken in by the taste, I learned a new ability. With this, I was able to confirm that my【Absorption】ability had evolved in some way. At first, I thought that the mystery would be solved like this, however, as expected I'm still bothered by something. I wonder if there are some learning conditions that depend on the food's age and to what extent do these new conditions go.

Due to the difference in the strength between me and the devoured, the requirement of needing to consume a large quantity isn't strange. It's quite possible that the time limit for each creature is totally different.

If that's the case, I might have actually gained something if I ate Velvet. Learning the abilities of an ancient, yet incredibly powerful man...

Well, I can't help but think I've wasted a great chance at something. Rather than cremating him at once, I should have tried tasting the other arm, but it's far too late to be regretting the past now.

With no other choice, I reluctantly gave up on Velvet and decided to test the limits during breakfast with the Jadar steak. Even if I'm unable to grasp the limits of this currently, I need to be able to gain a rough understanding.

After the morning's rough confusion, I decided to occupy myself through observing today's competition during my guard duty of the Tomboy Princess in the noble's private section.

The battles unfolded in a specially established arena with everyone present being quite flashy. For example, there was a fight between an old male [High Sorcerer] that was equipped with a mace and a young female monster tamer that was accompanied by a familiar.

The old man froze the entire arena with ice magic while the girl's leopard familiar turned into white flames and grew to the size of an elephant. The leopard's white flames melted the ice and approached with great killing intent as the old man attempted to counter with his mace.

Though, I should say that since killing is prohibited, the attack would be more fitting to be called intent to put him close to death instead. Although the young girl did fight hard, it was in vain as the lively old man ended up emerging victorious, despite being covered in wounds.

In addition, the high-ranking members of the two countries made a racket as their [Heroes] put their country's pride on the line and clashed head on. The bloodshed on both sides unfolded spectacularly.

As for the young Otherworlder, he was still in the competition after he used his hand cannon to blow away a [Master Swordsman] who had wielded 68 different swords.

Gah, seeing all this just made me want to eat everyone! If I were to display my thoughts, it would be seeing a large quantity of high quality dishes, the best quality ingredients, all arranged one after another. Though the battle between the Heroes overshadowed the normal battles, the magic used by the old man was top-class and the girl's familiar was probably great to eat.

It's a golden opportunity to kill them both. The spectacle before me is within my reach. However, I have to and must restrain myself. In addition to the general status quo that is currently keeping me restricted from eating, there is also a thing one must be aware of called timing.

Right now is not a good time, collecting information little by little on which targets are best is what I should be doing now as it will prove useful in the future. Still, my desire to eat all of them is almost at it's peak, so I suppressed it by eating plenty of food that was set out in the auditorium. Perhaps because it's the second day, there were many rare dishes that had been made specifically for me.