Chapter 11

Women have a way of making things better. These things range from being natural nurturers, looking cute while drinking fruity drinks, asking for directions, multitasking, and, of course, nesting, to name a few. Harley had been prepared for a relaxing Christmas break but leave it to a man to mess things up. Well, specifically her man.

She loves Bruce, but the blonde has discovered that the big bat can be somewhat super protective when it comes to those he cares about. It made her realize he has as much anxiety as she does about certain things. Wanting to protect his loved ones is one of them.

The Billionaire kept nagging and nagging about moving in with him, that Harley became irritated. She had already poured out her troubles concerning the Joker's newest breakout in a session with Dr. Leland and spoken with Glinda about it, too. But when it came to moving in with Bruce, the blonde talked to CC.

The girl reminded her friend, "Harley, I'm not very good with on-the-spot motivational speeches."

With a deadpan expression, the blonde pointed out, "I don't need one. I just need you to listen and advise."

After CC nodded and waved a tortilla chip for her to continue, Harley explained, "I have made two lists--- pros and cons. I need you to review them and offer advice because this is life-changing. It's a huge step! Be brutally honest because real friends are honest even when the truth hurts."

While eating chips and homemade salsa, the short-haired brunette looked at the lists. There were a lot more pros than cons. One thing jumping off the page is that I would wake up next to the man I love. Another is eating Alfred's cooking daily, followed by increased intimacy and saving money. There were others, but those top ones were the ones that made CC pause and reflect.

Although the con list wasn't as lengthy, it did pose valid reasons. Several things are a longer commute, being farther from my dearest friends, what if we end up resentful over particular living habits, possible bickering, lack of personal space, and could cause a delay for any future plans like marriage.

Those ideas made CC think as well. All the girl said was, "Hmm."

Harley's blue eyes narrowed. She wondered, "What do you mean by hmmm?"

The brunette waved a chip over the lists, her bangle bracelets dangling, and remarked, "Nothing, except you've got some good points on both sides. I think you have a reasonable case for either one--- move in or not move in. For example, on the positive side, you say, an increase in intimacy. That's true, and it's also a built-in companionship with the ability to develop a stronger relationship over time."

The blonde sucked the salt off a chip and ate it while considering what her friend expressed. CC continued, "But then, on the other column, you have a mixture of concrete and abstract ideas. The concrete ones have merit because they're real and known, like the longer commute. I'm sure Alfred would drive you and Cassie to school. It's the abstract notions that are weighing your list down."

Harley's brows knitted together as she wondered, "What do you mean?"

CC clarified, "It's just that you have no idea what will happen. You could become resentful of sharing a space, or you might not. Future plans could be delayed, but they might speed up. They're possibilities that you're glomming onto from preconceived past experiences. Don't let your past hinder your future, you know? Don't give fear the upper hand."

The blonde stared off into space and sighed. "I know, but it's sometimes hard to control where your mind goes. And mine likes to go down dark rabbit trails and turn over every possibility, especially when all I've known is hurt. I'm having thoughts I shouldn't have, and it's scaring the pee out of me."