Chapter One

A/N:
Something that I forgot to put into the description is that I'm going to make Zach single for the sake of this book! ;) okay.. Enjoy!

----

"So, you're gonna spend the week with daddy at a theme park based on creatures that never existed?" Stacey whined while pacing back and forth in front of my seat on the school bleachers, with her two fans stood smugly behind her. "Why do you fantasise over the creatures that were never alive and never will be?" She continued.

"What?" I laughed while she stood there glaring at me like I was dirt on her 'Gucci shoes'.

"Are you deaf or just completely ignorant?" She asked most likely intending to insult me.
"I'm neither, I just couldn't hear your whining over your stupidity." I smiled at her laughing inwardly.

She snorted disgustingly, "Was that an attempt to hurt me? Hah. You'll have to try better than that."
Her two plastic minions stood behind her giggling like four year olds. "Well, answer my question then... They were never even real and never will be... I bet they're just all machines."

I gathered my books that I was revising with and stood up, unfortunately to my disadvantage her heeled snow boots made her way taller than me, but I stood my ground on the flat souls of my trainers.
"Why fantasise over being pretty if you never were or never will be?" I grunted. I began to feel disgusted at myself for saying harsh words like that but then I felt no remorse as I thought back to the times when she used to pick on me over my height and looks.

"You're funny!" She said- her sarcastic front not sounding too convincing.
I began to plod down the steps of the bleachers on my way back inside the school.
"Answer me then nerd." She snapped as the click of her heels on the metal rattled behind me.
I got onto the grass of the football field, coated lightly by snow,  and swung around to give Stacey a short rant.
"They're not machines Stacey- they're real creatures and millions of years ago they would have been walking this earth that your tacky expensive shoes are walking right now, okay? I'm going to see my dad, who I haven't seen in twelve months, because like you, I have a dysfunctional family and I actually treasure moments with my dad! Is that a good enough excuse for you?" I blurted.

She seemed astounded, but then the trash just poured out of her mouth again, "more like you're only going with your dad because no one else will agree to go with you."
"Hah!" I laughed at her and began to walk away.
"Even you're own pathetic boyfriend- oh wait, I mean that guy you like who's way out of your league, won't go with you because he's ashamed of being around you, or was it that he's never even heard of you? It could be that actually." She shouted, obviously referring to Lucas, my crush since third grade. "And you know what, I'll prove it... I'm going to ask him to come with me."

"Yeah whatever... Go ahead!" I invited knowing that she never would live up to her word.

"Okay, see you tomorrow then shorty!" She yelled, clearly having stopped meters behind me.
I was about to twist around and knock her down to the level she really is, but then I realised I wasn't Stacey. No. I was better than her.

****

I rushed home after school and I started packing a bag full of the few necessities I needed for the week. I ordered pizza to eat and watched a film in bed, just excited for the morning.

When I woke up I hopped in the shower, washed my hair and shaved my legs. Afterwards I got changed into a tank top and denim shorts; putting my converse on and wrapping a checkered shirt around my waist. I dried my hair before scraping it up into a high ponytail. I looked outside and noticed the weather had grown colder over night and so added a coat and scarf to my outfit. Then I grabbed a cereal bar, left the house without a word to my mom and hopped on the bus to the airport.

My dad had paid for all my transport to the island. He was worried about me getting on the plane by myself, but I boarded the plane safely and before I knew it I had ditched the coat and scarf and was getting the early ship to Isla Nublar.

There were a couple of hundred people setting sail at the same time and during the journey I just stood next to the railing watching the water chop beneath me; the serene, crystal blue water was warm and shimmering in the sunlight making me smile as memories of the previous summer came flooding back to me.

I looked up at the other decks and two boys caught my eye, one was short and had long curly blonde hair- he was smiling away at the sight of the water and the other was taller with dark brown hair with beats around his neck

I looked up at the other decks and two boys caught my eye, one was short and had long curly blonde hair- he was smiling away at the sight of the water and the other was taller with dark brown hair with beats around his neck. They were both leaning over the side and then the older one- around my age- caught me looking and smiled at me. Instantly I flicked my head down and decided to go inside to sit down.

****

We got off at the island and the heat of everyone radiated in the crowd. The familiar monorail greeted us and I grinned as a rush of excitement hurried through my body.
My dad was one of the reasons my childhood fantasies were coming true and were literally stood in front of me. My excitement consumed me and I couldn't help but sprint to the monorail and sit down in one of the comfortable seats before everyone else crammed in and filled the rest of them.

This weekend was going to be eventful!