Chapter Eight

Callie's POV:

"Hey there! I'm Jimmy Fallon, welcome aboard the gyrosphere, an amazing machine made possible by science." The screen in the middle played the video I'd watched a few times.

I gazed out of the glass to look around us, completely ignoring what good old Jimmy was saying to us

"Where are they?" Gray called out in excitement.
After a short moment Zach sounded astonished, "oh, man..."

We rounded a tree and it revealed the valley that was full of Ankylosaurus', Apatosaurus', Parasaurolophus', Stegosaurus' and Triceratops.

The view was breathtaking every time, despite whether it's your first ride in the gyrosphere or your fifth.

All three of us where stunned by the beautiful scene that was unfolding around us so we just sat in silence

Though that didn't last long, as the British Park Announcer interrupted with, "Due to technical difficulties, all our exhibits are now closed. Please disembark all rides and return to the resort."

Gray huffed. He looked heartbroken.

Zach seemed to notice this. He glanced back at me and then to his brother, "come on... No, we can stay out a couple more minutes."

I felt rebellious to that extent and so I didn't contradict him.

"But..." Gray looked puzzled, "they said it was closed."
"Aunt Claire gave us special wristbands, right? We're VIP dude... C'mon... We'll be fine."

The gyrosphere sped faster as Zach steered it and the dinosaurs around us began to run.

My phone started to ring; it was my dad.

"Hey dad. Look I'm sorry about earlier, I shouldn't have spoken to you like that." I blurted.
"It's o-ay, wh- are you?" The line was choppy.
"I can't hear you dad." I called down the phone.
"Ca-ie!" My dad shouted with worry drowning his voice.
"Dad I'm here, what's wrong?"
And before I could say anything else, the call ended.