Chapter Twelve

After riding for several minutes, we came onto a pathway that lead us out of the forest. I was relieved to be safe and sound in the back of the moving vehicle, that was creating a large distance between us and any escaped dinosaurs.

We came up to a gate that was closed by a rusted chain and burst through it with ease.

All three of us were elated over finally having bright daylight and a clear, dinosaur free path

"Okay, that's it, we're safe now." Zach sighed while steering the vehicle down the winding path way.

My breath got caught in my throat as I saw a stomach-churning cloud of prehistoric birds flying our way. 
"Uh, guys..." I called out, not able to take my eyes off of the giant creatures.

Gray must have noticed it too, because he started yelling at his brother, "go, go, go!" Hitting the dashboard in fright.
"Oh, shit!" Zach cried as he changed gear and put his foot down.
"Hurry up!" Gray called out.

As we saw the gate 5 barriers ahead of us we immediately started screaming at the top of our lungs.

"Hey!" I yelled.
Zach opted for a "Help!".
"Open the gate! Let us in!" Gray screamed.

Zach furiously hit the horn of the jeep and I yelled at the top of my lungs "open it up!" As the two guards just stood there, tranquilliser guns in hand. Both brothers cried, "come on!"

"Open the gate!" "Let us in!" "Come on!"

The screeching of the pterodactyl's and pteranodon's were growing ever closer and a wave of relief over came us all as the blue door marked with 'Gate 5' slid open.

When we rode through the gateway we jumped out of the vehicle.

'So much for being safe.' I thought.

One of the employees told us to wait in the safety of the archway while someone came to fetch us.

I prayed it was my dad.

The birds flew over and within moments, chaos had erupted, sirens were blaring and people were screaming as their loved ones were gripped from the safety of the ground and tossed through the air.

To my dismay, the dark haired British lady rushed to see us. "Your aunt has been worried sick!" She cried.

Gray seemed relieved to see another familiar face even if it wasn't his aunt. Whereas Zach looked contritely at me.

"So do you know where my dad is?"
"I'm sorry, Claire told me to stay with Gray and Zach and until we find her. But, you're Carrie right? The girl from earlier."