Chapter Two

The monorail shot across the island and over the lagoon to finally stop at the central 'dock' thing. I didn't rush to get off as everybody else did, I just cut in behind the boys, who I assumed were brothers, from the ship. The older one held the younger one's shoulders as they walked off and I smiled at the cute scene.

Most people had scurried off of the pier and were close to the central land, which meant there were only a few people still waiting near the edge. Among them was a man in a checkered shirt and shorts, my eyes lit up and my heart raced as I sprinted over, "DADDY!" I squealed as I dropped my bag near his feet and jumped into his arms.
"Hey baby girl!" He muttered into my shoulder, "I've missed you so much!"
"I missed you too." I cried as tears formed in my eyes.
I refused to let him go as the world carried on moving around us.
"You ready for a fun packed weekend with dinosaurs?" He chuckled as we finally pulled apart and he picked up my bag.
"I have been since I left last year." I giggled as he took my hand in his free one and we began to walk down the pier.

It was all just as I remembered it to be- the fountain, the lagoon, the shops, the museum; everything!

"Okay, we'll go to your room first and drop your bag off and then we'll go get you your passes." He smiled at me, "what do you want to do first?"
"I don't mind." I answered honestly, just glad to be back in the company of my dad.
"Wanna go see the triceratops? They've grown a bit since you last saw them."
"I'd love to!" I grinned.

We travelled around the park and got to the block of hotels in no time. I greeted friendly faces as my dad took me up to my en-suite hotel room.

Everything was so neat and prestine- far from my room back home.

As soon as I saw the bed I collapsed onto it forming a star shape with my arms and legs smiling into the fresh covers. A comfy bed was great, now all I needed was...
"Can we order pizza?" I asked without opening my eyes.

"Callie, I don't think domino's delivers out here." My dad laughed at me as he opened up the balcony doors. "Okay do you-"  he stopped mid way through his sentence to receive a transmission through a walkie talkie. "Hang on a sec Cal." He walked out of the hotel room and I heard him mumbling something to his co-workers.

I forced myself off of the bed and walked over to the window to watch the crowds of bustling people below me.

Five minutes later and my dad came back into the room.
"I'm so sorry honey, something has happened at one of the new attractions... I'm going to have to attend to the problem, but one of my colleagues has her two nephews visiting so you can go around with them and then... This other woman called Zara? I don't know... But I'll take you to her!"
I sighed; something always has to go wrong.
"Okay..." I mumbled in defeat as I followed him out of the room and through to another building.

I gently pushed the doors to the main museum open and a swarm of five year olds almost knocked me down the steps. I followed my dad through to a back room and saw a tall-ish, red headed woman facing away from us. Dad rushed over to her and tapped her on the shoulder; she immediately swung round with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Hello, you must be Callie!" She grinned too thing while shaking my hand, "my name's Claire and this," she turned around to reveal a a brown haired woman, "is Zara, she's going to be walking around with you."

"Hello." Zara said with an accent. What was that...? Irish?
"Hi..." I smiled sheepishly at her even though she hadn't once looked up at me. I glanced at my dad, who could clearly see my disappointment.

"You two... Come say hello!" She said as two figures emerged from behind a hologram.

I couldn't believe it- the two boys from the ship and monorail were walking towards me- they were Claire's nephews!

"Carrie this is Gray, Gray this is Carrie!" Claire introduced me to the shorter of the two and he shook my hand with a grin on his face.
"My name's actually Callie... But.. Okay." I could see my dad grinning from the corner of my eye.
"Oh... Well... this here is Zach, my other nephew!"
He had a grumpy composure, and didn't so much as smile at me like he did on the cruise ship.

We all walked out into the main part of the museum where the rest of the visitors were.

"So, hi..." I muttered to Zach as his brother walked off to one of the statues.
"Hey." He replied bluntly without any enthusiasm.
"You here for the weekend?"
"Yep."
He glanced up at his brother and then walked on ahead.

'Wow he's sure in a delightful mood,' I thought.

"Okay we better get going then Steven! You guys have fun okay!?" Claire said sweetly.
My dad nodded in reply to her and then approached me.
"I'm sorry about this, I promise I'll make it up to you!" He smiled guiltily.
"It's fine dad. Go do what you gotta do." I grinned.
"Okay, as soon as I'm done, I'll come back with your passes and then we can do whatever you want." He smiled and then took a watchful glance at Zach who was a considerable amount of space away from me.
I shook my head laughing at my dad, "I'll be fine. We won't do anything that'll break the 'Jurassic World rules'," I made quotation marks with my fingers.
"I'm not worried about those rules." He mumbled while staring at Zach and then back at me.
"Steven!" Claire called from the stairs.
My dad spoke with an apologetic tone as he backed away, "sorry honey, I've really gotta go. But be careful!"
I nodded and as I was about to say goodbye, something caught the corner of my eye... The hairstyle... The clothes... The walk... Stacey!

She actually went through with it and invited Lucas to jurassic world.

"That little bitch!" I muttered.
My dad came jogging back, "sorry did you say something sweetheart?"
I panicked, wide eyed "uh.. yeah I said I'd see you in a little bit!" He nodded and walked off.

Seconds after, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I swung around to face a smug looking Stacey and bored looking Lucas.
"Hey! Fancy seeing you here shorty." She exclaimed.
"Uh... Hi!" I mumbled feeling embarrassed.
"Didn't think I'd stick to my word huh?" She asked smugly taking Lucas' hand and locking their fingers together.
"To be honest Stacey I really couldn't care less." A lump rising in my throat, contradicting what I was saying. I looked to my left and noticed that Gray had come over to me. Zach was behind us.
"Really.. Have you moved on to this hot delinquent now?" Her eyes fell onto Zach's face and he caught awkward eye contact with her.
"I'm sorry, what did you just call me?" He spoke up as he tried to push past my shoulder.
"Zach don't!" I muttered while putting my hand on his chest to stop him from doing anything stupid.
"Awh. You'd be hotter if you weren't hanging around with a skank like her!"
"I'm not hanging around with her." His bluntness created a disappointing silence. Smiling smugly she forced me out of the way and herself onto him like a wild cat sinking its claws into it's prey.

My heart sank. I didn't even know the guy and he already hated me.

But to both her surprise and mine, he gently pulled me away from her and muttered, "Let's go."

I glanced over my shoulder, Stacey was astounded. And Zara had no idea we'd even left the building.

-----

Hello! I hope you like this chapter- tell me what you think of it!

~ Meg x