Chapter Nine

The rules my dad gave me when I first came to the park, the ones he called the 'Jurassic World' rules, were:
1. Don't break anything.
2. Don't talk to Josh for more than five minutes.
3. Don't laugh at Lowery's flirting attempts.
4. Be nice to the guests as if it were your job.
5. If something chases you, run.

I think it's fair to say... I hadn't broken any of these particular rules yet.

***

Zach attempted to get us away from the creature- he pushed the joystick, but the gyrosphere was nowhere near fast enough to escape the wrath of the dinosaur. It kicked the giant hamster ball with ease and sent us hurtling towards an ankylosaurus.

At this moment the three of us were scared, but Gray was overwhelmed with fear as we rebounded off of the dinosaur and collided with another one.

The ball was gaining speed and I felt my stomach churning. My mind was flooded by the thought of 'what if we don't make it out of this alive.' At the time, living didn't look promising.

The force of another ankylosaurus sent us into a spin. Everything was blurred beyond the gyrosphere, but I noticed, over his screaming, that Gray was clinging to his brother for support.

"Hold it together man!" Zach shouted, trying to be louder than his brother.

All of a sudden we stopped moving. The safety belts trapped me and as we jolted to a stop I hit my head on the windowpane. The two brothers were gripping onto each other with all of their might and in that moment I felt a strange desire to be in the safety of Zach's arms once more, but instead I was sat with an intense shooting pain in my temple and a sickness in my stomach.

It took me a few moments to realise that the dinosaurs were battling each other. The creature that I'd never seen before looked like a T-Rex except that it was paler and had long, swiping arms... A ghastly image.

"Drive! Drive! Go!" Gray screamed as Zach forcefully pushed the control.

We were rushing towards a clear space through some trees, but all of a sudden the tail of an ankylosaurus smashed into the glass, sending us flying backwards at full speed.

I hit my head once again and felt a sharp pain above my ear. I couldn't stay awake any longer and I welcomed the darkness that consumed the sights around me.

Zach's POV:

My heart was racing as we hung upside down.

I wiggled the joystick; it did nothing.

No one said anything, I looked across at Gray, he seemed about ready to hurl, and after that I glanced back at Callie. Her eyes were shut and blood was pouring from the right side of her face.